GPS issues
dunes0919
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, I am currently experiencing issues with getting a GPS lock. I have performed a factory reset and also uninstalled Google Maps updates and cleared the Maps cache. I also turned GPS off then back on and checked and unchecked WiFi & Mobile network location. Still I am unable to get a lock. When I open Google Maps it will say "location unavailable" or it will say it's located me but it is showing me like a mile away. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: GPS issues
strahd

Hello,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I contacted LG and the said I needed to perform a factory reset on a 3 day old phone.  I have three other cell phones (Motorola X, Iphone5, Droid RAZR MAXX) all of which connect with a strong and consistent GPS signal within seconds of activation.  I am quickly regretting not taking the online comments that the G2 GPS is terrible and that it is a known flaw in the device.  I use my GPS daily and require it to work consistently and quickly.  G2 is three days old, so I have roughly 11 more days to return them in exchange for a device that performs correctly. 

I would very much like to keep theses phones.  I appreciate your help.

0 Likes
ikay

Hello

Has this issue been fixed? I am also having trouble getting a strong GPS signal with my Droid Razr Maxx

0 Likes
strahd

ikay,

I never had issues with my MAXX's GPS. Interesting.  I know it is a pain, but try using the program "GPS Status" to see if that helps your signal.  I am actually considering using one of my Nexus' or one of my my MAXX's as my GPS until LG/Verizon fixes the G2.

0 Likes
mickey96

Just received a replacement G2 and shocker the GPS still doesn't function.

0 Likes
mickey96

Just received my second replacement G2 and it's not looking good for GPS again.  I will order a replacement over and over untill they send me a working GPS unit.

0 Likes