Gingerbread
spc_hicks09

Ok so everything is getting Gingerbread now except the LG Revolution? The Thunderbolt came out BEFORE the Revolution, the Bionic came out AFTER the Revolution, the LG Esteem (metroPCS version of the Revolution) has Gingerbread. Why not us? I'm beginning to think it's something with Verizon. If the LG Esteem can have Gingerbread then why can't our Revolution? It's the same exact phone, just a different carrier! I heard rumors from some credible sources that we are supposed to be getting it in October but they haven't even started the soak test yet. What gives Big Red? Instead of saying "I don't have any information on that device right now." How about really helping us and figure something out? You DO know if we're getting it or not. If we're not, then please just let me know so I can sell this phone ASAP. If we are, then give us at least an estimate, like "Some time in 2012" or something!

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Your right and I agree but maybe they are having issues with Gingerbread on Revolution?  I had the Fascinate and people waited for like 8-9 months to get Froyo and when it was released it messed up the phone so bad they quit selling it, it was a mess I was texting the wrong person and missing calls plus other issues so I will wait this time before downloading a new OS.

spc_hicks09 wrote:

Ok so everything is getting Gingerbread now except the LG Revolution? The Thunderbolt came out BEFORE the Revolution, the Bionic came out AFTER the Revolution, the LG Esteem (metroPCS version of the Revolution) has Gingerbread. Why not us? I'm beginning to think it's something with Verizon. If the LG Esteem can have Gingerbread then why can't our Revolution? It's the same exact phone, just a different carrier! I heard rumors from some credible sources that we are supposed to be getting it in October but they haven't even started the soak test yet. What gives Big Red? Instead of saying "I don't have any information on that device right now." How about really helping us and figure something out? You DO know if we're getting it or not. If we're not, then please just let me know so I can sell this phone ASAP. If we are, then give us at least an estimate, like "Some time in 2012" or something!

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread
BigCam

I want 2.3 as much as you, but it may be things like this that are stopping them from getting it out. If they fix my hard reset problem, I'll be more than happy to wait for it.

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/lg-revolution-vs910-4g-wont-reboot-after...

0 Likes