Gmail app not showing how many messages
MikeGorsuch

I just got the LG G2 and it has the gmail app pre-loaded.  I have it set up and am receiving emails fine and it is notifying me through on the at the top of the phone with an icon and when I pull the shade down I see it also.  I am not seeing the little number appear next to the app that tells me how many messages I have.  all my other apps do that including the text messaging so why not the email.  Any suggestions.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail app not showing how many messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Gmail app isn't designed to add the unread count number to the icon on your screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Gmail app isn't designed to add the unread count number to the icon on your screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MikeGorsuch

I never considered that.  Is it specific to the phone.  My Wife has the app on her iphone 5s and it does show the number of unread messages. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeGorsuch, Ann154 is absolutely correct! The different operating systems (Android and iOS) would have to be developed independantly to run on each OS, and that can result in some different behaviors between them.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes