Haven't received 2.3 update
ebauman

Hello all,

It's been a little over a month since Gbread was released, and I have not yet received the 2.3 update.

I have talked to vzw reps who have told me canned answers like "it's coming", "you're in a future batch", or "we put it on hold because there are issues."

Can someone here give me the information I need to get this thing updated?

I am running VS910ZV6. Have gone through Settings -> About Phone -> Software Update -> Check New on a daily basis since the beginning of November, and nothing has happened.

Eamon

0 Likes
Re: Haven't received 2.3 update
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
They have said that it could take up to 30 days to get to everyone, I am currently waiting for the charge gingerbread update that rolled out on tuesday, I hope I don't have to wait that long!
0 Likes
ebauman

"could take up to 30 days"

Exactly my point. We're over 30 days at this point. 

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

ebauman wrote:

Hello all,

It's been a little over a month since Gbread was released, and I have not yet received the 2.3 update.

I have talked to vzw reps who have told me canned answers like "it's coming", "you're in a future batch", or "we put it on hold because there are issues."

Can someone here give me the information I need to get this thing updated?

I am running VS910ZV6. Have gone through Settings -> About Phone -> Software Update -> Check New on a daily basis since the beginning of November, and nothing has happened.

Eamon

I ask why would you even want it? It causes other problems and I lost some good apps that dont work with GB. I called VZW and told them I didn't think it was right that they forced to my phone causing more problems and spending time doing a factory reset. I came from a Samsung Fascinate which I downloaded 2.2 Froyo when it came out and it screwed up phone real bad so I got rid of and bought Revolution and now same problem but I wanted to wait for reviews before downloading GB but instead they sent it to phone. I'm **bleep**.

0 Likes
ebauman

Most importantly - I want to fix the data disconnect issues that I've had with 2.2.2. Many others have reported intermittent data disconnections. 2.3.4 is said to help resolve these issues.

Minorly - I'd like to get the updated text cursor, as well as the battery life graph. 

Verizon reps - any comment?

0 Likes
jetov

I purchased 2 Revolutions on 11/17/11.  During setup, one of them started to download Android 2.3.4 and the Verizon rep removed the battery to stop the download.  The other phone downloaded the 2.3.4 later when I connected to my WIFI.  

The phone that was stopped during the download would not  continue with the operation later when I checked.  A soft and a master reset were done and the phone still will not download the new OS.  It doesn't show that an update is available.  Verizon says that their records show that 2.3.4 update was downloaded to the phone and that there was nothing that they could do to push through the new version of the OS.  As a matter of fact they couldn't find that the new version was even available.  Verizon said hat it must have been a limited time offering and that it had expired.  So now I have one phone with 2.2.2 and the other with 2.3.4 OS.

I give up.

0 Likes
ebauman
jetov - Thats absolutely ridiculous. I have a feeling something like that has happened to me. I had a 1st LG Revo with some antenna defects that burned out. It received the 2.3.4 update at the beginning of November. I replaced the phone, and got a new one, my current one, around November 17. Despite multiple attempts per day to update the phone OTA, nothing has happened.

VERIZON - Please issue a rep to contact me re
0 Likes
drkylec

Same here still waiting for the update went to verizon they told me that it will come, also went to lg's site and they still haven't responded to me eaither. Also why isnt skype for lg still not available, soon does not mean 6+ months from release date.

0 Likes
ebauman

My girlfriend talked to the Verizon rep at a store today (some unrelated issues with her LG Revo). The rep said that because I have a new phone, that my serial is far down in the list of phones that need an update. The rep also said that the next update push was a month and a half away. A MONTH AND A HALF? I was told originally that this would be rolling out over the next month for LG Revos. Now I hear that I won't get it until late Jan, early Feb? Seriously? 

0 Likes
janice45

That update was actually pushed out in late October

My phone was replaced and it came with the upgrade .

Good luck

0 Likes