Having phantom touches - erratic screen activities!

I'm having an issue with my LG G2 screen. It keeps having these phantom touches on the specific line (about an inch from the top), causing unwanted actions on my phone. It's getting worse, getting in my way of using the phone, sometimes making it impossible to type without a typo. It will go away temporarily if I turn the screen of and turn it back on, but it soon comes back. The frequency is increasing. Terrible.

I've looked into this issue online, but all the information I was able to find was from the last year. I started having the issue maybe about two weeks ago. I haven't contacted Verizon about this yet, but I doubt the representatives can actually provide any practical help, other than simply telling me to replace the device.

FYI, my phone is up to date with the software updates. I have not tried any sort of jail-breaking or rooting.

Any thoughts? Please help if you know about this!

0 Likes
Re: Having phantom touches - erratic screen activities!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure that's annoying. But I'm here to help. I don't easily suggest to replace any device. I would advise to trouble shoot first. I'd start by confirming all the informationin your phone is saved. Then starte with this link. http://vz.to/1aaT2fl. That should help immensely.

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Do you have a case on it? Pull it off. Screen protector? Pull it off.

If there was an external case, is there evidence of any lodged material between the screen and case of the phone. Look with a bright light and magnifying glass.

You could try mechanically de-stressing the touchscreen. Run your thumb around the perimeter. Being extremely cautious, take the phone in both hands while in landscape orientation and try torquing it very slightly in both directions.

Have you tried a program like Touch Test?

It sounds to me like a Touchscreen mechanical issue to be honest.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Or touchscreen electrical issue. Sorry.

0 Likes