Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Hello, my LG G2 is having touch screen issues.
chajolm
Enthusiast

Hello, my LG G2 is having touch screen issues. I did all the steps in the troubleshooter except a hard reset. When I use the notepad, I can draw a line everywhere except about a half inch area near the top of the screen. Is there a fix for this other than getting a replacement phone? The phone is 5 months old and up until yesterday everything worked flawlessly. THe knock on feature doesn't work either. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hello, my LG G2 is having touch screen issues.
hollywood_s14
Enthusiast

Had the same issue, best i can tell is it's an internal hardware issue. I have some theory's but nothing proven on the cause. Had my " like new" replacement for a few weeks now with no issues thus far. It's a refurb, but functions just as well if not a little better than my original. My guess is there is a common issue that is fixed in the refurbs. I wouldn't fret it, use the device with confidence as it really is an amazing device. if there is another issue, you still have almost another 7 months of warranty.

View solution in original post

chajolm
Enthusiast

Well, after two days with this issue, and only an hour or so after posting this question - everything is working. I didn't do ANYTHING else to try and fix it; it just started working again. I assume this is going to be an ongoing issue. That's nice. I'm 42 and can fix almost anything on a computer, hardware and software. These smartphones ~ I'm new to them. This is my second android device and my first smartphone. I'm thinking I should've just stuck to Apple. Smiley Sad

Now I'm stuck in a 2 year contract with a phone that I have no faith in. Oh well, there are worse things to be worried about. When the phone works, I like it a lot.

0 Likes
chajolm
Enthusiast

Go figure, it's back again. I tried playing a game and it came back.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Perhaps that game is causing the problem?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

chajolm
Enthusiast

Who knows. While looking into it online, I've learned that this is a very common problem. Verizon is sending me a "new" one.

0 Likes
hollywood_s14
Enthusiast

Had the same issue, best i can tell is it's an internal hardware issue. I have some theory's but nothing proven on the cause. Had my " like new" replacement for a few weeks now with no issues thus far. It's a refurb, but functions just as well if not a little better than my original. My guess is there is a common issue that is fixed in the refurbs. I wouldn't fret it, use the device with confidence as it really is an amazing device. if there is another issue, you still have almost another 7 months of warranty.

chajolm
Enthusiast

The same exact thing happened to my phone today. This is my favorite phone but I don't want another replacement LG G2, just to end up having the same issue 3 or 4 months from now. This stinks.

0 Likes