How can I search for a lost phone after we asked Verizon to temporarily shut it down?
aesdc

We believe someone else has helped themselves to a phone that was accidentally left behind for a few minutes. WE had Verizon shut it off.  Now how can we track it?  Or can we?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I search for a lost phone after we asked Verizon to temporarily shut it down?
Snn5
Legend

The data may not work but you might try Android Device Manager from your PC or another Android phone to locate it via GPS or maybe it's still on WiFi somewhere.  Unfortunately, if the device is off or battery dead, then this won't help much.  You can have the ESN or IMEI or HEX numbers blacklisted.  If someone tries to activate it...it should show up as stolen.  You can also try any other "Find my phone" app you may have installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I search for a lost phone after we asked Verizon to temporarily shut it down?
Snn5
Legend

The data may not work but you might try Android Device Manager from your PC or another Android phone to locate it via GPS or maybe it's still on WiFi somewhere.  Unfortunately, if the device is off or battery dead, then this won't help much.  You can have the ESN or IMEI or HEX numbers blacklisted.  If someone tries to activate it...it should show up as stolen.  You can also try any other "Find my phone" app you may have installed.

0 Likes
seferino

In order to track a phone you would have had to install a third party program before the device was lost.  Carriers have an FCC limitation on tracking consumer's devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! I'm sorry to learn about the lost/stolen phone aesdc. I know it's important to review all options to get it back. We're unable to track it using the GPS on it, since your privacy is protected. To track it, you would need to have an app to track it prior to losing the phone. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have total equipment coverage, you can submit a claim here http://bit.ly/07CrqPK to have it replaced.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes