How do I assign a ringtone to a contact?
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

Just got the Lg G2, and so far am very happy with the phone. I have searched through the settings in contacts, calls, and general settings, and have been able to find how to assign a ringtone to a contact. I have also read the owners manual and can't find how to do so in the manual. In the other smartphones I had it was an easy process, am I missing something?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I assign a ringtone to a contact?
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

I finally figured this out. Within each contact there is a pencil icon. If you click on that you can edit the contact and assign a ringtone. A little different from my last smartphone, and it's not in the manual, nor in the resources that CSR's are privy to. You'd thing LG would have made this a little easier to do, or at least say how to do it in the manual

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

I finally figured this out. Within each contact there is a pencil icon. If you click on that you can edit the contact and assign a ringtone. A little different from my last smartphone, and it's not in the manual, nor in the resources that CSR's are privy to. You'd thing LG would have made this a little easier to do, or at least say how to do it in the manual

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which smartphone did you have before? Going in to edit the contact on most of my Android devices usually gave me the option to assign a ringtone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes