How do I cancel a contract which I signed up two months ago?
sabasaiyed

When I cancel a contract, is there a penalty?

I am upset that I am unable to use the simcard on another phone after my phone got damaged.

it literally means that I m without a phone if my phone gets damaged. I cant use a spare phone to at-least make and receive calls till i get it fixed.

Nowhere in the world I experienced this before. Never new Verizon will be so problematic.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I cancel a contract which I signed up two months ago?
Snn5
Legend

This is all assuming you didn't have handset insurance, which would have replaced your phone the next day for a deductible if the fault was your own ie:  water, drops, user-made software changes, or no cost if it was a manufacturer error.  But, if you are speaking in terms of future damage  ("it literally means that I m without a phone if my phone gets damaged.") then go ahead and have the insurance.  But yes, to use your current SIM card it must be the same size SIM and whether you use your card in a VZW phone or find that you need a new card, the phone must be a VZW phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, there will be a penalty. It is $350 minus $10 for each full month completed, so it would be $340 or $330 for you to cancel. Since you got a phone for reduced cost, the penalty is really getting payment back for the phone.

You should be able to use the SIM card in another phone and you can always replace the phone on the line. However, you must still stay on the same contract. Who told you or where did you hear you cannot use another phone while your phone gets fixed. That just is not true.

Not applicable

Dude if you need a new SIM card all you got to do is go to a Verizon store and get one. They don't cost anything. did you even bother to try? Nope. Also as long as the phone take the same size SIM yes you can swap them. If theya ren;t that's not Verizon's fault and as I said you just get a new one for FREE. Anyway yes there is a ETF for leaving 22 months earlier than you promised you would. It's $330.

sabasaiyed

Hi,

I have two old phones (not verizon phones but from another carrier from another country). The phones are unlocked, but still Verizon simcard wont work in any of these phones.

When I called technical support, they said that verizon simcard would only work with verizon phone. (confirmed this twice by two separate calls and both the times I got same reply.)

So if there is a way for me to use this simcard in my phones, I would appreciate some help and guidance.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

They are correct in your situation. Verizon uses a different technology for voice than most of the rest of the world, specifically CDMA. Unfortunately, it must be a Verizon phone for as long as they are using this technology. This is changing as they are adopting a worldwide standard for the next generation voice, VOLTE, but that does not help you here. You should be able to pick up an inexpensive used Verizon phone temporarily.

Snn5
Legend

This is all assuming you didn't have handset insurance, which would have replaced your phone the next day for a deductible if the fault was your own ie:  water, drops, user-made software changes, or no cost if it was a manufacturer error.  But, if you are speaking in terms of future damage  ("it literally means that I m without a phone if my phone gets damaged.") then go ahead and have the insurance.  But yes, to use your current SIM card it must be the same size SIM and whether you use your card in a VZW phone or find that you need a new card, the phone must be a VZW phone.

0 Likes