How do I get texting notifications to show when the screen is locked?
Zach_Hall

Im a new owner to a LG G2 and I have noticed that when I get a text, the phone will not show it until I unlock the screen.

The notification light will sometimes work, but not all the time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get texting notifications to show when the screen is locked?
Snn5
Legend

You can use a 3rd party app like Dynamic Notifications or another in the similar app list from that app in Play Store.  You can try to use Verizon Messages to get your SMS and it will light up your screen and unlock it.  Or, and this is the best battery saving option, as well as security...wait for Lollipop 5.0 in a couple months.  I have tried all the apps that do what you want.  They are mostly based on the Motorola notification system, but Moto uses a different screen tech than LG, and using that on ours will kill a battery quick, and they aren't that reliable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can use a 3rd party app like Dynamic Notifications or another in the similar app list from that app in Play Store.  You can try to use Verizon Messages to get your SMS and it will light up your screen and unlock it.  Or, and this is the best battery saving option, as well as security...wait for Lollipop 5.0 in a couple months.  I have tried all the apps that do what you want.  They are mostly based on the Motorola notification system, but Moto uses a different screen tech than LG, and using that on ours will kill a battery quick, and they aren't that reliable.

0 Likes
Zach_Hall

Is there a reason this happens?

My old phone popped the messages up?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It isn't an app, code, or API written into the LG skin of the Android OS.

0 Likes