How do I replace my LG G2 screen?
eblue160
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my LG G2 in November 2013, and it has the Android 5.0.2 software, which was updated on November 4, 2015. A few weeks ago the screen stopped working properly (i.e. I can't press certain buttons on the keyboard unless I turn the phone sideways and I usually end up just using the microphone to compose a text or E-mail, and I also have to repeatedly press certain app icons on the screen in order to access the app). The screen has also become very sensitive when I attempt to scroll through pictures or messages/settings, a random picture or message/setting is selected just by swiping my finger on the screen and I again have to turn the phone sideways in order to properly scroll. The phone has been dropped several times since I got it but the screen is not cracked and the phone is functioning normally otherwise. I do not usually update the apps but a couple of them were automatically updated recently (including Games). From what I have read on several forums this may be due to a software problem, third party app issue, or issue with the LCD screen, has anyone else experienced these issues or found solutions? I am at the point where I am considering filing a claim with Asurion to get a replacement phone but would like to avoid that if possible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 Screen Not Working
Snn5
Legend

You can use warranty to replace it.  If you pay for asurion you pay for extended warranty. First backup and reset to factory. Do not restore apps or data automatically. Dropping the phone can damage more than just screen damage though. Unless you see damage don't assume the drops contributed to this issue.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You can use warranty to replace it.  If you pay for asurion you pay for extended warranty. First backup and reset to factory. Do not restore apps or data automatically. Dropping the phone can damage more than just screen damage though. Unless you see damage don't assume the drops contributed to this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi eblue160!

I'm so sorry to learn of the circumstances surrounding the performance of your LG G2. I'd like to k Snn5 for your input, but I'd also like to add some information too. Since you mentioned that you received your phone in 2013, it is out of warranty. You also mentioned you have insurance, but I want to clarify that insurance doesn't always include an extended warranty. it does depend on the insurance option that you choose. When looking on your bill for this line, does it show Total Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection, or Extended Warranty?

I also wanted to ask if you have done the reset that Snn5 suggested. Here is a link on how to get this done: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-104173/

I hope this helps!
ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

eblue160
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina,

It's strange, now the screen is not as sensitive and most of the buttons on the keyboard are working again, but I will do the reset if the same thing happens again. I did check my bill, and I do have the Total Equipment Coverage from Asurion. If I did need to replace the phone, would that coverage allow me to do so?

Thanks very much for your reply and your help!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes. Free refurbished replacement G2.  If there's damage...there would be a deductible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi again eblue160!

Snn5 is absolutely correct(thanks again!). If you have Total Equipment coverage and it's a manufacturer's defect causing the issue, Asurion will replace at no cost (888-881-2622 to call them and phoneclaim.com/verizon ito contact them online). If the device shows physical or liquid damage, you'd still be able to file a claim, but there is a cost for the deductible.

I hope this helps!

ChristVZWB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!