How do I stop my apps from upgrading automatically?
crairdan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got an LG G2.  My apps upgrade automatically without prompting me to proceed or not, eating up my data limit.  I looked throughout settings for this option or switch, haven't been able to find one.  Anyone know how to change this setting?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps upgrade automatically, how to make this stop?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The setting is in the App store - open the app store, and under settings (three dots, top right corner) you can set to never auto update, update over wifi only, or auto update.  there are other settings in the app store too.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The setting is in the App store - open the app store, and under settings (three dots, top right corner) you can set to never auto update, update over wifi only, or auto update.  there are other settings in the app store too.

crairdan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got it. Setting changed. Thanks SuzyQ!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Awesome!  Enjoy the world of Android!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crairdan,

Congratulations on your recent upgrade! We're here to help customize your updating schedule on your new LG G2; I know how important it is important to stay on top of it. The update settings are adjusted in the Play Store app itself. Simply launch Play Store>Menu>Settings>Auto-update Apps>Select your preferred option.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport