Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during   calls
bills742
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad to hear! With the fix the phone is now near perfect in every way. I also didn't try the 12a modem. I guess my post was bordering on too useful so Verizon deleted it Smiley Happy

mbunch

I am having the same problem with the crackling squeal clipping on calls.  Has their been any official acknowledgement from Verizon that this is a known issue?  Guy at the store acted like I was just being picky or something ...Great phone but the phone part needs to work out of the box without me having to flash stuff....especially if they are going to delete your post with the fix.   A heads up from a REP that a fix is coming would be good ...otherwise I'm going to have to take it back to them and get a Samsung.   I like the specs on the G2

0 Likes
Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the 'fix' again

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

I've heard rumors; some from phone blogs, some from Verizon customer service reps but nothing definitive. As there is a 'fix' floating around in the wild one can only imagine that there will be an official release at some point. Any official response you get in this thread is likely to be useless and infuriating (oh, dear, did my snark come out?) based on every single Verizon post in it, so far.

0 Likes
mbunch

Still in my trial period so don't want to go the root route for that reason...I assume the flash fix would require root....thanks for the reply and thanks to bills742 for the fix knowing it's fixable via software is a big help in deciding whether to wait this out.   HELLO VERIZON CAN YOU HEAR ME?  How about some official acknowledgement?

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

So, I got the OTA update a couple of hours ago. So far, I've made/received 4 calls to/from landlines and cell phones and they've been crystal clear! I'm cautiously optimistic that this issue is resolved 😃

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjmmhh,

That is great news that the device is working better now via your phone calls after the software update. We do hope this continues for you and please let us know to make sure we have all your issues resolved for you going forward.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brandus

I have screeching, crackling, and popping too.  It seems to be worse when I am at work rather than at home.  It is almost impossible to carry on a call longer than a minute without becoming super irritated at the noises.  After reading all the forums, I'm not really sure what to do....I want this phone.  I like it.  Plus, I had 2 replacement phones (droid razr) before I got this phone and frankly I'm just tired of spending all the time getting them all set up, etc.  UGH!

0 Likes
Rpfarrah
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you taken the latest update?  It includes the 12B radio and should fix your problem.

0 Likes
mbunch

I have near perfect audio on calls now.  The fix worked great.  I am glad I stuck it out.  The G2 though lacking storage expansion is the best performing phone I have used to date.  The storage thing is something I'm trying to get over......Overall storage is adequate it just bugs me that there is no expansion slot...(old tech person).

Thanks to everyone that followed up on the call quality issue...A little reassurance/imparted knowledge from a representative would have helped....but it got taken care of in the end so I'm Happy, Happy, Happy.

0 Likes