How do I turn off Visual Voicemail?
STDog
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife just wants normal voicemail like she's had for years.
I'd like to switch it per device, but if that's not possible I'll just disable it for all lines.

Just dialing *VM isn't enough. When she hit the VM icon in the dialer/on the home screen it should dial not start the Visual VM app.

I don't use the carrier VM (GV instead for the free transcripts and PC access) but she does.

0 Likes
Re: How do I turn off Visual Voicemail?
Snn5
Legend

Using the icon will always go to VVM.  Long press #1 on dialer to access basic VM.  You can disabled VVM within the app or call Verizon to take it off, or try to remove the feature in My Verizon.

0 Likes
STDog
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see nothing in the VVM app to disable it. Can you be more specific?

While I could enable it online I don't see a way to disable it now.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You should call Verizon to disable VVM.  Premium can be opted-out of from the app, but VVM is almost an opt-out feature now rather than an opt-in feature.  VVM uses Data and without it, you don't get VMs.  Verizon loves their data nowadays.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snn5, thanks for helping us support our customer with information regarding voice mail. For more details and trouble shooting tips on this feature, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STDog
Enthusiast - Level 2

That link has nothing on turning off VVM.

And older post here links to the FAQ in response to a question about turning it off and there's nothing in there about going back either.

It wouldn't be so bad if VVM used wifi is available, but it relies on data only (like MMS) and I don't want to use up my limited data for VM garbage (wrong numbers, spam, etc). I have unlimited voice, an just want to access VM using that. VVM is a nice idea but it's implemented poorly.

STDog
Enthusiast - Level 2

And speaking of poorly implemented, why do I have to call for everything?
The online chat people don't appear to be able to do much. Why bother?

Other providers I could setup and activate though chat. I could do everything through chat that I could do over the phone.

With Verizon I can't do anything useful.

The website isn't much better. I had to get a bill correction this morning, but the website shows no information regarding it.

0 Likes
Likemagic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any way to switch from visual voicemail to basic voicemail on a Motorola Droid Turbo?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Likemagic,

We want you to have the voicemail features that fit you best. You are able to switch your voicemail options directly on your My Verizon www.vzw.com/myverizon You will see the option to change voicemail under the Change Features option in your online account.

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Likemagic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not there. I attached a screenshot of my choices and changing voicemail

settings is not an option.

On Jun 26, 2015 8:50 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <