I Am unable to send or receive MMS/ picture messages,
danicori79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Am unable to send or receive MMS/ picture messages, I get the grey picture frame thing with the broke picture, when i try and attach one to a message it says can not attach.  I have plenty of storage and i have tried with data and wifi on... after the kit kat update i was having so many issues with my phone and I hado to do a factory reset, and everything worked fine until about a week ago.. what is the deal , i see others are having the same problem too

Re: I Am unable to send or receive MMS/ picture messages,
cmgarman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem, same phone. Even my old MMS' won't load even though they've already been downloaded.

cmgarman
Enthusiast - Level 1

danicori79I called Customer Service today and they did a factory reset on my G2 and it is now working. They also said that if I have the same issue with the MMS then they'd send another phone since we did the reset today.

0 Likes
jennrules11

I am having the same issue..

0 Likes
danicori79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to do a factory reset when i upograded tot he kit kat, i have read that people have done the factory reset and it works for a while and then just comes back and does the same thing.. mine is working for the moment, i downloaded a 3rd party messaging app so for now i dont want to do another factory reset .. thanks though that is something i will keep in mind 

0 Likes
jennrules11

I already upgraded to KitKat..I was hoping there was a way to resolve this

issue without resetting device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danicori79,

We'll help you get them working again! What make/model phone do you have?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmgarman,

Help has arrived! Picture messaging is an essential feature that is used to share those precious moments in life. Let's make sure you are able to share them at all times.

Is Wi-Fi ON or Off? Are you using the standard text messaging application or one downloaded from a third party? Have you attempted to test this feature out while the device is in safe mode? To placed device in safe mode, follow steps included.

1.) Ensure the device is powered off.
Press and hold the Power button (located on the back) until the options menu appears then release.

Select Power Off.

Select OK.
Allow several seconds for the device to power off.

2.) Press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button.

3.) Release only the Power button when the LG logo appears.

4.) Release the Volume down button when Safe Mode appears on the screen.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kmak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried this because I am having the same problem as everyone else here. My phone restarted and nothing else happen... no safe mode, still not receiving or sending picture messages

0 Likes
SkyChimp

I absolutely hate this LG g2. I never had these problems with any BlackBerrys that I've ever owned. Android is a joke. I'm going to go buy 1000 shares a blackberry stock.   almost everybody and Europe is using blackberry. We must be crazy using Android here in the United States. I guess it's because we are addicted to video games..  I can't view any of my messages that contain pictures and I am using the standard messaging application that came with this phone. People need to quit reinventing the wheel nobody likes updates. Especially if they cause problems. Just make this work.... or I'm going back to my blackberry.

0 Likes