Re: I Am unable to send or receive MMS/ picture messages,
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

murphs90, we don't want this to be an issue for you too! Did you disable Wi-Fi on your device in Settings? Make sure that you disable Wi-Fi and try to send a picture message from your device. Additionally, did you download a 3rd party text messaging application to your device? If so, we recommend that you uninstall it in Settings to make sure that the application software isn't causing this issue.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
murphs90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done everthing as recommended and still no resolution. Yes i turned off the Wif-fi and tried to send apicture message and this still did not work.. but what does work when the pic message is still in sending mode, i can forward the picture without an issue to the same sender. WEIRD! 

I decided to disable the motorola messaging  and use verizon's messgaing app instead. I downloaded Verizon's app  two days ago. So its not the 3rd party app issue.. I admint I like the verizon app much better than motorolas. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mmsandov

I recently just got my device switched out a week ago and now the picture messaging is still not resolved! They are sending me...now my 3rd phone. I absolutely HATE this phone! I can't send videos EVER! My picture messaging does not work. I PAY a ton of money every month for 3 lines and continuously have problems! I had an iPhone before and I could do everything! I switched to android in hopes of better pics, apps, and other freedoms that apple does not offer, but I REGRET the switch to the point where I'd like to cancel my verizon account!

I am grandfathered into unlimited messaging and data. I'd hate to leave, but this is a huge inconvenience!! 3 phones and I have to reset all three and save all my data...download everything all over again. Verizon needs to fix this issue. I hardly ever complain....but this is absolutely unacceptable for such a huge corporation.

FYI: I have done 4 hard resets, getting my second replacement phone (making it phone 3). What can I do to become a satisfied customer once again??? This is absolutely unacceptable for all I pay.

0 Likes
ManRod42

Is your data on? Usually  nothing  will be sent or received unless it is on. Then if you used to have an iPhone  and are trying  to text other iPhones there is an error with  imessage.  Apple purposely prevents messages from once uPS but now android users from being sent and received,  it was once thought to be a bug but was later revealed to be on purpose.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I don't think MMS problems under KK are unique to the LG G2. I think others are experiencing it on other devices.

You might want to try a texting alternative like Whatsapp.

HTH

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all your hard work, mmsandov. The trouble you've described does not affect every LG G2, and I'm confident that the replacement process will produce successful results for you. Please keep us posted on your success. We don't want to see you so unhappy that you consider leaving.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
michael1148
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know most of these people have already been sending pictures through the original G2 messaging program and everything worked fine until 4.4.2 update. Verizon keeps dancing around.  This does not help anyone.  Please tell us there is a bug in 4.4.2 and if there is a work around tell us if not say you are working on the problem and 4.4.2 will be updated as soon as possible.  Please don't make it more frustrating than it already is.  Thanks

Chickadee983
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched to Verizon from another carrier last week.

I am unable to send MMS messages.

Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2

I went to my local Verizon Store for help and it worked just fine without the service rep doing anything at all. I left happy ("you fixed it, ha ha ha") but when I got home it didn't work again.

The phone says "Sending MMS" but it grinds away and eventually I get an "unable to send message" notification from the device.

Tried native and 3rd party messaging systems. Tried with WI-FI on and off as well as other suggestions out there on the web. I've spent a lot of time on this.

Please help!

0 Likes
Chickadee983
Enthusiast - Level 2

Follow up--I am also unable to receive MMS messages! I think it has something to do with the APN settings, but I cannot edit or change it

See

Verizon APN Settings | Verizon 4G APN Settings

My APN is VZWINTERNET, but the MMSC field says "NOT SET" (not: mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms ) and it seems that it can't be edited.

In this day and age it is not acceptable to have unreliable MMS functionality.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask them to reset the text and picture message feature from their end and to push the update to your SIM card. They will probably ask you to turn off your phone and remove the SIM card for a minute then reassemble and reboot the phone. This will force the SIM card to reconnect to the Verizon Wireless network and update itself.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.