Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've been trying to delete old text messages and it won't delete them, ive tried it from clearing the data and the cache and they wont delete, any suggestions ? thank you.
gabby92001

So today i was trying to delete a conversation that contained many old text messages, i've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I've been trying to delete old text messages and it won't delete them, ive tried it from clearing the data and the cache and they wont delete, any suggestions ? thank you.
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yes, the time it takes to delete many threads cn be over an hour.  I delete the shortest threads first.  Than, I limit the messages to x# before they auto delete.  I use SMS Backup to keep what I need.  Delete the rest.  The phone will freeze up while you are deleting messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I've been trying to delete old text messages and it won't delete them, ive tried it from clearing the data and the cache and they wont delete, any suggestions ? thank you.
mama23dogs

Which phone do you have?   

LG G2. 

Open messaging app.

TAp menu button.

select delete threads

OR

select a particular thread, and tap menu button, then select delete messages.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yes, the time it takes to delete many threads cn be over an hour.  I delete the shortest threads first.  Than, I limit the messages to x# before they auto delete.  I use SMS Backup to keep what I need.  Delete the rest.  The phone will freeze up while you are deleting messages.

0 Likes
werty990

Did you make sure the messages arent locked? if they are locked the phone wont delete them. Check to see if there is a little picture of a lock on the messages, if so thats your problem and you just need to click on them and unlock them before they can be deleted.