Installing Gingerbread now
alanb4130
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update is available to download.  Go to settings and then system and check for updates. That starts the process.

0 Likes
Re: Installing Gingerbread now
maisy321

It has been installing now for 2 hours for me. It just keeps turning on and off and the time is wrong. i removed battery and turned back on, but it keeps rebooting over and over.

Anyone else have problems???

0 Likes
DPerreau
Just started the update as well (in Hampton Roads, Virginia). Says 120min to download, 10min to install, and that the phone will restart as part of the process. Let's see how this update fixes the CRITICAL issues and improves the quality of the phone.
0 Likes
maisy321

Well, mine has been turning on and off (with different dates and times) almost 12 hours now. I think its messed up. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
mellowbs

I installed last night and it continues to reboot.  I also get a different date and time.  I called c.s. and they said they had not heard of any issues...on another site the person said that the c.s. rep. told them to take their phone in so that the sim card could be replaced.  My screen shows the sim card icon with a question mark, so I might try the replacement.  My c.s. rep. wanted me to do a factory reset and did not mention the sim card option.

0 Likes
padesmond

DPerreau wrote:
Just started the update as well (in Hampton Roads, Virginia). Says 120min to download, 10min to install, and that the phone will restart as part of the process. Let's see how this update fixes the CRITICAL issues and improves the quality of the phone.

It took less than 5 minutes to download for me and less than 5 minutes to install. Everything is installed fine.

I hope if fixex some battery issues along with rebooting and locking up problems.

0 Likes
Fireman5309

I installed the update this afternoon. Only took about 20 mins to download over 3G and installed in less than 10. No problems thus far!

0 Likes
coreylewis

it took about 5 min on 4g and so far the only think i have found is a very slight hesataion with changing the home screens and no front camera still that was suppose to be fixed on this update but for everyone that is taking forever and not installing correctly try not to stop it it will cause all the software to corrupt and u will have to get all the software flashed off the device and have to get it reloaded if stores evern have it loaded into the flash machines ////don't stop it if u can i work for tech support for vzw it only causes worse problems    Ok so the changing home screen lag was due to animated wall paper that worked fine with 2.2 but i tried 3 diff wallpapers animated and they all freeze so just a heads up gingerbread doesnt seem to like animated wallpapers

0 Likes
alanb4130
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all I think only particular programs work with front camera support. I found a program called Tango and it syncs with your phone book for those that also have Tango installed. Works great. Works with front camera and back camera. Cool program. And to help with battery life if you are not using Data shut it off. Extends battery life exponentially.

0 Likes
hizong

My phone is rebooting.  tried factory reset with the CS rep on the phone and no luck.  they are sending a replacement tomorrow.  This is very frustrating.  downloaded it this morning, let it install but it kept on rebooting.  this stupid phone.

[Please keep it clean - Thanks!]

0 Likes