Insurance protection but I am asked to pay double what I paid for the phone?
MissAw3som3

So I recently dropped my brand new (barely a month old) LG G2 and it now has the tiniest of cracks. The bottom of the screen will not work at all. When I first signed up for the dreaded 2-year contract, I paid $50 for the phone and have TOTAL coverage. I would assume that I would pay a small fee for a new phone but they are asking me to pay $99?? To top it off, the phone is on back order now so there is NO telling when I will be receiving it. I find it ridiculous that I can't even be offered a discount or something of the sort when I am paying for a phone that I can no longer use and have no idea when I can get the replacement. This is moreso a rant rather than a question. I'm very upset about this situation.

0 Likes
Re: Insurance protection but I am asked to pay double what I paid for the phone?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

1. The insurance deductible is clearly spelled out in the insurance documentation.

2. The insurance deductible is not related in any way to the price you may have paid for your phone.

3. $99 is a fairly small cost compared to the ACTUAL price of the phone.

Re: Insurance protection but I am asked to pay double what I paid for the phone?
MissAw3som3

This is true, I did just recently look that up after the incident. However it also states, AFTER the manufacturers warranty expires. I haven't had the phone a month, there's no way the that warranty has expired and I can't find information on manufacturers warranty. Also, with me having to wait for a replacement, I feel like it's ridiculous that I am still paying a full $99 deductible when they clearly state that they have next day replacement. How am I benefiting from a total protection insurance plan when I can't get the benefits that it offers and still having to pay that amount?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The manufacturers warranty may not have expired, but you voided it by damaging your phone when you dropped it. The manufacturers warranty covers defects in the product, NOT damage caused by a dropped phone which you caused.

I believe this is listed in your insurance agreement, but with next day replacement if they do not have any of your device in stock they can offer a replacement with a similar device. You may not be happy with the different device, though, and would prefer to stick with the G2. You could possibly call and ask.

0 Likes