Is anyone having problems with the battery heating up and draining the power? Mine has been doing this for about 2 months now.
kmehler

Is anyone having problems with the battery heating up and draining the power?  Mine has been doing this for about 2 months now.

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone having problems with the battery heating up and draining the power?  Mine has been doing this for about 2 months now.
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like a bad app.  I have never had the issue with mine.

Re: Is anyone having problems with the battery heating up and draining the power? Mine has been doing this for about 2 months now.
twalltop
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a major problem with Lollipop, but yo said it started 2 months ago.   Several people have fixed problem by removing FaceBook And Face book messenger and then re loading the apps again.   You might want to clear your cache before reloading.  Not sure this is your problem, but worth a try.  Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone having problems with the battery heating up and draining the power?  Mine has been doing this for about 2 months now.
Snn5
Legend

LG G2 has not received Lollipop, not even a mention of when.

0 Likes
twalltop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry man just trying to help.  I saw on another forum that these apps were causing a memory  leak and had to be cleared out of core. I knew you did not have Lollipop It just came out about a week ago for the S5.  Google your problem and you will find the forum.

0 Likes
kmehler

Seems to happen when inside a coat pocket or in my purse. Feels like the G2 is not getting enough air to cool the phone. Have tried to turn off the Bluetooth and Location so as to not add extra look up, still happens. Will try not using a cover on phone, see if that helps. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's either an app or the kernel.  Run GSAM Battery app for a couple days.  That will tell you if it is the system or app.

0 Likes