Is there a way to force CDMA (3G) instead of 4G LTE?
KevinA

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to force CDMA (3G) on my LG G2 Verizon instead of it always being on 4G (4G everywhere in my area). I was able to do this on my Nexus phone, by simply changing the radio type from LTE to CDMA. On this phone, LTE/CDMA is combined as one option.

Any ideas on how to go about forcing CDMA only like I was able to on my Nexus?

Thanks

Screenshot_2013-12-25-15-11-33.png

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to force CDMA (3G) instead of 4G LTE?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless there is a code to get further into the phone, it doesn't look like there is an option to force CDMA/3G only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tandor

I would like to know this as well. I use to have this option on my older phone should be able to do it on this one ?

0 Likes
wayne8821212
Enthusiast - Level 3

On HTC phones you can get to a phone info page by dialing (I think) *#*#4636#*#* from that page you can choose LTE/CDMA or CDMA/EVDO or even HSPA (for those traveling). I'm not sure if this is only for HTC phones....I'll google it.

0 Likes
wayne8821212
Enthusiast - Level 3

I googled it (*#*#4636#*#*) and there seems to be even an android 4636 app. Supposedly it works for Android phones but I seem to remember that it is a command for CDMA phones but hey that's what you have.

0 Likes