Re: Issue with Multiple Texts Being Sent on a LG G2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leeker,

Thanks for getting back to us.  This is very odd that it began occuring on all devices at the same time.  Have you noticed any other patterns? Did the technician over the phone submit a Network Remedy ticket on your account?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Midwest95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just started getting this issue in the last two days. Through my research, I see that this may be a LG G2 issue with all carriers, either way this phone is being returned this Friday. Had this phone since the 1st, and I'm so glad I'm on trial. There are other things I don't like about the phone as well, but that's besides the point.

I used stock and hangouts, I'm not interested in any other 3rd party app, those should work just fine. I also made sure the default was set. Rebooting, wiping, switching the phone to global(tech suggested that) and it was a temp fix for like 5 minutes. Group chatting/MMS has become big now, and having to send single texts to each person is a pain, I will just go back to my GS4 for now.

I wish I could offer a fix but I could only add to the experience.

0 Likes
kduby66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same exact problem and it is very frustrating.  it happened with my iphone as well.  my friends are getting 30-40 repeated texts from me!  I have an LG G2 now and it is doing it as well which makes me think this is a Verizon problem.  has it been resolved?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A new SIM card can really help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kduby66,

That's certainly alarming to hear your phone is sending so many texts. Does it happen with all texts or certain ones? Does it seem to happen with everyone you text or only certain people? Do texts you receive seem to work correctly?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
billyjhart

I am experiencing this same issue with my LG G2 recently. When I text people using the standard texting it will often send 2 or 3 of the same text. I see no solutions in this support thread. Has anyone come up with any fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would also be concerned if my phone would send duplicate text messages billyjhart. Let's get to the bottom of your messaging concerns. When did start experiencing difficulties with your messaging. Did you recently make any changes to your phone such as install any new third party apps or software when duplicate text started? Are duplicates being sent to a certain contact or anyone you send a text message too?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AutismMom

I'm having problems with my lg g2 doing this as of today and it's to different people that I text.  I called tech support and they told me turn my phone off and take sim card out for a few minutes did that didn't work.  Told me to go to message app and clear data and cache and do a force stop still didn't work.  They then told me to go have my sim card replaced at the store did that.  Still didn't fix the problem.  My phone is up to date.  Please fix

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One text message is more then enough AutismMom. :Let’s work together to help put a stop to this. Any recent changes to your G2? Which text messaging application are you using

Here to help.

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes