Kit Kat Software?
stevenstlou
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is the LG G2 going to get thee Kit Kat sotware?

1st it was Dec. then Jan now no one will give an answer! I think were getting screwed! I bought this phone because I was told it would get the update!

Re: Kit Kat Software?
Not applicable

stevenstlou wrote:

When is the LG G2 going to get thee Kit Kat sotware?

1st it was Dec. then Jan now no one will give an answer! I think were getting screwed! I bought this phone because I was told it would get the update!

A) it's getting the update. Sometime between now and the end of March. No one promised you Kit Kat in Dec or January. You're basing that on RUMORS. LG never officially said anything about when Kit Kat would arrive. Unless LG themselves say anything then its a rumor.

If they gave you Kit Kat in January and you had issues because it wasn't full tested then you'd be here complaining about that. I'd rather wait for an update that actually function properly than get one that ends up bricking my phone.

B) You're not being screwed you knew which OS come with the G2 when you bought it.

For the record Korea just started getting the Kit Kat update for the G2 as of today( feb 6th ). So it shouldn't be long. Does it matter if you get it now or in 6 weeks?

o_O1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lol I love nerd raging on the internet. If someone at a Verizon brick and mortar store gave a definite time-frame of release of KitKat on our device then they made it up. Verizon associates know as much (in some cases less) than we do about software roll-outs. You should have taken that with a grain of salt. I can all but guarantee (unfortunately) that Verizon will be last to get the update. We generally are last bc Verizon has to bloat it up and see if they can cram more Verizon logos in various places throughout the ROM just in case we forget who we pay a small fortune to every month . Welcome to Verizon. We'll speak again when we receive our update on March 31st bc that's the last possible day for it to fit into the "by the end of Q1" release window. AT&T surprisingly released theirs on monday, T-Mo has their's available via PC utility but isn't being rolled out via OTA as of yet. Sprint will most likely be next Monday bc they always release on Monday (for the most part) and someone spotted the ROM on Sprint's update server with an earmark for March 3rd. We'll be last and then feel stupid when we gush about how amazing KitKat is when everyone else has had it for a month. VZW for the win?

dadilus
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks as though Verizon WILL be the last to update to KitKat! Shouldn't be much longer, because everyone else already has it!

0 Likes
Eluse

Don't count on anything by 3/31. LG promised the update by 3/31 and they have delivered it to all the carriers, their promise has been kept. Verizon is under no obligation to meet any date.

It's a shame, other carriers are able to test and get it out the door in a timely manner. It makes Verizon look incompetent in this area.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually it is not on Sprint. T-Mobile has received it. That and AT&T I believe it says on the droid forums.

So Verizon is not the only carrier not pushing out the update.

And you just have to wait. You knew the OS on the phone when you purchased it. It works and that is all that matters.

Good Luck

o_O1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good point but for the love of all that is good don't give VZW any ideas about not making the 3/31 date! Smiley Happy Listen, it sucks that we are always last but if there's one thing I've never had issue with once it was released it's VZW software updates. They don't release until they are sure it's stable. HTC just had to pull their 4.4.2 update in the UK bc of "issues reported by users". T-Mo customers are experiencing worse battery life in some cases so it sounds like they may have served the cake before it was done baking. I hate waiting for stuff. That's just me. If the reason I have to wait is bc they are making sure it's stable (Read: Bloating up the ROM as much as possible and forcing me to disable all of the new crap they added) then I'm fine with it. 4.2.2 is rock solid. This is probably the best phone I've ever owned. I had the iPhone 3G, 4 , 5 SGS3, HTC One and now this handset. This handset blows them out of the water. The only thing I miss from my HTC is the boomsound speakers and Beats Audio. I really hope people start buying the G2. This phone is amazing and the battery life is ridiculous for any phone who's name doesn't end in MAXX.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

Actually it is not on Sprint. T-Mobile has received it. That and AT&T I believe it says on the droid forums.

And you just have to wait. You knew the OS on the phone when you purchased it. It works and that is all that matters.

Good Luck

And guess what Verizon and Sprint are CDMA phones with GSM. While T-Mobile and Sprint are GSM only phones. Kind of makes a difference when you need to test the phones for compatibility with the service. Why people do not take this into account I'm not sure.

0 Likes
o_O1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Too add on to your initial point of Verizon not being obligated to meet any deadline... It's Verizon. Their motto has always been "We have the best network. We'll charge whatever we want and you have to deal with it. We will release software updates whenever the heck we please and you're going to have to learn to like it. Welcome to Verizon. Your bill is only 3 easy payments of $279.99" I kid, I kid.

0 Likes
Not applicable

sirguy wrote:

Elector wrote:

Good Luck

And guess what Verizon and Sprint are CDMA phones with GSM. While T-Mobile and Sprint are GSM only phones. Kind of makes a difference when you need to test the phones for compatibility with the service. Why people do not take this into account I'm not sure.

I think you meant T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM only phones. But I knew what you meant

0 Likes