Re: KitKat update is causing my phone to malfunction
jan4545

You are not alone

My phone did everything yours did.   Got a replacement and I will hold off doing this update .

I'm too afraid of it

.Vzw rep was not pleasant about a replacement but sent one . Did we really need this ?

0 Likes
MrsRobynDavis

I ended up getting two replacement phones, LG of course...but still ended up getting an HTC through Verizon Edge. The pop up for the update came up almost every hour, and with Verizon having no real awareness of the issues at the time and no idea when it would be fixed it just wasn't worth it. I was fortunate enough to have great Verizon reps both times I called with my issues though. I do think it's rediculius that I bought my phone outright and nothing could be done other than replacement of same model without being eligible for an upgrade or going through the Edge program

0 Likes
pixie81

Only had g2 for about a month maybe less before update came. I LOVED my phone before, now want nothing more than to trade it in or be rid of it any way i can. Have had similar problems others have described,  but it pretty much made my microphone useless. I love phones that can do all but when you cant be heard by the person you r calling it gets old QUICK! How much would i have to pay to remove th update? Anything would be worth it!

0 Likes
pixie81

Also, while i will be the first to say i received friendly customer service, they had me do a factory reset on my phone. I was instructed to simply do a cloud backup which i did before resetting phone. After when i went to retrieve all my files, nothing had actually been saved!!!!!!!!!!

LOST EVERYTHING! !!!!!!!!!#

0 Likes