Kitkat Update gives error "previous session is already running"
funutation
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weird situation for me.

LG G2 phone says it's ready for the Kit Kat update.  It gives me the choice to do now or at another time.

I select 2AM, plug in the power cord, set the WIFI, and go to bed shortly thereafter.

The power cord has never fallen out.  The power cord has never fallen out, THE POWER CORD HAS NEVER

FALLEN OUT!  But this night, the power cord falls out and I wake in the morning and the phone is powered

off.  Maybe the download started...I don't know.  It was at 40% when I went to bed.

Soooo anyway, I click Settings > About Phone > Software Update and I get this message (that I've been

getting for the last 3 days)

...      a previous session is already running    ...

and the phone will not update to Kit Kat.

the phone is set for WIFI

how do I now get the phone to update?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kitkat Update gives error "previous session is already running"
Snn5
Legend

I had the same problem after losing a connection midway through the DL.  I went to applications manager in settings, scrolled to ALL, scrolled down to System Updates and cleared data.  I rebooted and checked for updates.  Success.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

I had the same problem after losing a connection midway through the DL.  I went to applications manager in settings, scrolled to ALL, scrolled down to System Updates and cleared data.  I rebooted and checked for updates.  Success.

Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
funutation
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't see "System Updates" , but saw a bunch that were close enough.  Cleared CACHE on all of those,

rebooted, and was now able to request the update.

Thanx