Re: Knock On NOT working!?!!
briemarie
Enthusiast - Level 3

My software version is VS98024A - the most current, according to the update status.

As stated below by @michelle000 the "dead zone" on the phone is right where the "install" button is on the Play Store, which I've had to start turning on my rotate screen option to flip my screen and access the button.

I've already received a replacement phone from Verizon, I inspected it myself and found the screen was MUCH DIMMER than mine (yes I matched the screen brightness on both) and it had 3 times the hours of talk time as mine; NINETY HOURS compared to my thirty. This was definitely not an acceptable replacement and I sent it right back to Verizon. This is an issue that was not caused by the consumer (since we are ALL obviously having the SAME EXACT ISSUES) and I think it's extremely disrespectful that we are all paying Verizon an outrageous amount of money each month, and are expected to be happy with these incomparable replacements; instead should be receiving a BRAND NEW WORKING EDITION, or switch phones completely. It makes absolutely no sense why our phones work just fine for a few months, and out of no where we are all compromised. This is ridiculous and something needs to be done. I've written LG numerous times, and they eventually stopped writing back to me. If either company would like to keep it's customers, you'd think they'd focus on keeping their customers happy -- especially with the grotesque amount of money we're required to pay.

0 Likes
hollywood_s14
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, my replacement is a refurb. It has like 19 hours of talk time. However that doesnt bug me too much. The phone works properly and honestly seems to be a little better than my original NEW phone worked. I'm not sure knock on was ever as responsive as this one is. My best guess is there is a common issue in the digitizers that LG is fixing in the refurbs, maybe even a software glitch waking it form deep sleep. briemarie, your screen brightness issue would have very well been the auto brightness. The phone defaults to auto brightness @ 60%. However unless in direct sunlight you never get the full brightness out of it now. It has something to do with the 4.4.2 update, with JB it was never like that. I do agree with you though that warranty replacements should absolutely be new devices. That irks me a little that mine is a refurb, but ultimately as long as it functions fully and properly I'm ok. Last as far as keeping customers happy, YEAH RIGHT!! I have recently had a strings of bad luck and dealings with bigger companies, there is no such thing as customer service any more. There companies are all too worried about pennies and not the customers who keep them in business. Also briemarie, you could consult the BBB in reference to LG and Verizon. Sometimes that will help get you in contact with the proper people to get problems solved.

0 Likes
Ivpush33

I have the exact same problems mentioned here. Tried a soft n hard reset with luck. Problem started about 4 days ago.  This is bullshit.  Clearly its a proble., n verizon should provide new replacements .  Its their fault for selling someone elses faulty products.  Ive been with vezon for 14 yrs and just upgraded to the LG phone 6 months ago.  Fix the problem n quit hiding it.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Is the gsture enabled in settings? Contact LG support. Tell them you've both a hard and soft reset.

0 Likes
Ivpush33

Yes, I have disabled the knock, restarted the phone, re-enabled it and still nothing.   I have tried everything that has been mentioned previously in other posts.  My screen also has the same dead space.  Which is starting to make me mad now, because this is starting to effect the ability actually use the device.

I dont see why I need to go to LG, verizon sold me the product inder the pretense that this was the latest and greatest device.  Verizon should either replace it with the same, or a comparable device. I should not be left out to try and track down the manufacturer and get resolution from them. Either way, I will try but I am not happy about this at all.

Again, clearly this is not a issue of misuse or neglect, rather a hardware or software failure.  I certainly hope if this is not resovled in the coming weeks then I will not be bound to my two year contract with verizon.  We shall see how this plays out over the next week or two.

0 Likes
hollywood_s14
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ivpush33, Go to your nearest corporate Verizon store. Show them the issues your having and they will help you with a warranty replacement. Just make sure it is a corporate store, and not a independent store.

0 Likes
KnockOnGoneWrong
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues as the one stated above (and stated by so many). I have tried all fixes but the knock on is not working. Dead area appears to exist along top of phone. Happened literally overnight. Phone is less than 6 months old. Super disappointment and Verizon's lack of forethought is even worse. Can we get a real fix please? Why no firmware update system? Others have it and find success. Seems like a severe lack of customer trust and support. We aren't dumb, we can see the lack of care. Please fix.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

follow hollywood's advise. Go to a corporate store and show them the behavior. Either way, you need a new phone. VZW probably disabled the diagnostic screen that allows a firmware re-load for good reason. In your situation a FDR isn't going to restore proper operation.

I don't think anyone is sure what is causing the units to fail. In this case, I don't believe this is VZW's fault. That is why LG must get involved if VZW can't help you out at a corporate store.

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your troubleshooting efforts Ivpush33! Please perform a touch screen test by going to: Apps>Notebook>New Note>Draw vertical lines from top to bottom. If vertical lines break at some point we can look into replacement options if your phone is within the one year manufacturer's warranty. http://vz.to/uyYF0o

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW: also, be aware, some credit cards (for example AMEX) automatically extend a manufacturer's warranty by an additional year. The LG G2 on Verizon hasn't been out for a year, so you should be OK anyway. However, you may be inconvenienced without a phone while you are provided a replacement. See if they can send you a replacement, and then you return the broken one...

This is one reason why sometimes a corporate store can be a big help to you!

0 Likes