LG 4G LTE Visual Voicemail not working
kitkat1112

I have had my LG for a couple of months and my visual voicemail was working fine and then about 2 weeks ago it completely stopped working.  I have spent many hours on the phone with tech support as well as going into the store for an additional 1.5 hours just to be told that they cannot figure it out and will send me a replacement.  I received the replacement and still could not get the visual voicemail App to work.  Called tech support yesterday and was told that there was a new operating system installed and that was the cause of my issues.  The tech got into my account and made necessary adjustments and told me that all I needed to do was shut off and restart my phone.  When I restarted my phone and went into my voicemail app it stated that I have an incorrect password.  My replacement phone was only able to access the visual voicemail once I performed a factory default reset.  I do not want to do a factory default reset on my original phone if at all possible.  Is there a way to reset the voicemail?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG 4G LTE Visual Voicemail not working
guardo83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't know there were updates. That solved the visual voicemail issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We understand the importance of your Visual Voicemail being able to work flawlessly, kitkat1112. We actually do need to have your phone number provisioned for the newer version of visual voicemail. I will be sending a direct message in order to get some more details from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
guardo83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a similar problem.  I have an LG G2. The basic visual voicemail worked fine. then I cracked my phone. the replacement kept giving error codes, I was on the phone with tech support for 60 - 90 minutes. we finally got it to work. Now two months later, it stops working, says my free trial is up, I tried to subscribe, same issue as last time. I want the basic visual voicemail. now I have nothing.  Also the annoying caller ID thing keeps wanting me to try or subscribe, I keep trying to tell it no, But it comes back every other day.  Please help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think you can disable that caller ID thing. not sure if you can uninstall. The G2 just had a couple of updates and those updates make basic visual voice mail the standard and replace basic voice mail. though *86 still works.

0 Likes
guardo83
Enthusiast - Level 2

right, I select disable and the caller ID thing returns a couple days later, I'm still searching for it on my device to uninstall it. I want basic visual voice mail, but no visual voice mail is working. I also don't get notification of a voicemail, so dialing *86 a couple times a day is getting old lol.

0 Likes
Not applicable

log into your account make sure it's listed in your features. Did you do the last 2 updates? One was on the 11th the other on the 17th.

Snn5
Legend

Caller ID through Verizon is a feature and different than the Caller NAME ID which is an app.  The app can be disabled but not installed.  As far as voicemail goes, you can log into your account online at VZW and choose Change Features.  You can add and remove visual and basic voicemail types.  AC1.0 did make basic VVM a standard, but it can be reversed to basic VM.

0 Likes
guardo83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't know there were updates. That solved the visual voicemail issue.

0 Likes
guardo83
Enthusiast - Level 2

NAME ID as you so corrected me is the problematic app. I disable it and a couple days later it comes back all by itself. Which is why I should be able to uninstall it.  The fact that I can't is preposterous.

0 Likes
guardo83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also about the,going online part about changing features, try reading my original post a bit closer please.

0 Likes