LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
Snn5
Legend

Let me be one of the first to start a thread regarding the 5.0 update for the LG G2 as of 3/30/2015.  Any issues or pros/cons?

Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
Snn5
Legend

Remember to uncheck any boxes in backup and restore.  Wipe the phone and THEN check for and take the update.  Only thing you need to do is make sure Data is off and WiFi is on.  Then, start fresh.  You can install the update OVER the current setup, but at your own risk.  I know, "why should I have to be inconvenienced?"  This is best and safest.

Snn5
Legend

5.0.2 is the version.

0 Likes
RichSPK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wi-fi was on when I took the update (VS98039A).  Things seemed to go smoothly; two restarts, and an update to Google Play Services.  Now, though, it won't let me turn on wi-fi.  The wi-fi icon lights up for a few seconds, then goes grey again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh boy.  Did you clean install or overwrite the KK version?

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I stop my lgg2 from updating to 5 ?

my tablet updated last month and Android 5 point O or 5. Anything is absolutely horrible. I've got to keep my phone from being destroyed by this update like my tablet was

0 Likes
brandonc234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to update to 5.0 on my verizon G2 and it failed... Then I tried it again and now my phone is stuck at the lg logo screen?

cithindril
Enthusiast - Level 1

My LG G2 just completed the Lollipop update.  The update itself seemed to go smoothly.  The phone is a bit sluggish but I've read that it can take 2-3 days for the system to optimize everything.  My biggest concern is that I had hundreds of photos in my camera gallery and many more in my Facebook folder before the update.  I now have 50 left in the camera gallery and 1 in Facebook.  Has anyone else had similar problems?  Any idea how / if I can recover them?

Snn5
Legend

I'll refer to my first response in this thread about backing up, wiping, then downloading and installing.  IDK how recoverable they will be.  This wasn't an incremental update, this was major.  A lot of things got changed behind the scenes with this one.

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

this update was a true disaster in every way. Verizon should do their job and protect their customers from this update.

they don't deserve to have customers if they put this on people.they don't deserve to have customers if they put this on people.

yes one of the many terrible things that 5 does is wipe out your picture gallery on purpose.

Google wants you to be dependent on them to view your photos. They know that they are harming their customers and they don't care. They have distinct for their customers.

Verizon  must have hey contract with google to screw android  customers or they would not or they would have atleast modify the update and not forced peopleor they would have at least modify the update and not forced it onto peopled phones.

my phone is private property. I bought it outright for cash. Now verizon is vandalizing my private property.