LG G2 Constantly "Searching" for wi-fi even though it is already connection to wi-fi
mwkv
Enthusiast - Level 1

My LG G2 connects just fine to the wi-fi, however it is constantly "Searching" and that is using up the battery while on wi-fi. Any way to stop the constant "Searching" for a wi-fi connection while on wi-fi ?

Tags (3)
Re: LG G2 Constantly "Searching" for wi-fi even though it is already connection to wi-fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mwkv,

Connecting to WiFi is a great way to help manage your data usage. I use it all the time when at work and home. Constantly searching for the WiFi connection an definite use up your batter a lot sooner so I understand your concern.

Usually once connected to WiFi the device will stop searching for WiFI unless you're dropping the connection. When you see it searching for WiFi , have you checked to make sure you have not dropped the connection? Some time when it drops the WiFi connection you will not notice it because it will start using our network right away. Does this happen when connected to any WiFi or have you notice it happening only with one specific WiFi?

Try deleting the WiFi connection http://vz.to/1jKIiYd and adding it back.

Keep me posted if the issue continues.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Constantly "Searching" for wi-fi even though it is already connection to wi-fi
phil2s
Enthusiast - Level 2

i got the same issue. even in excellent connection, right next to a router, G2 keep searching wifi networks.

nothing wrong with normal use.

it could save some battery,if solved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm. That's certainly odd, phil2. I want to ensure you have a positive experience with your device. Have you ever tested the device in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/JuZQfu

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
flibbergibbet

GREAT QUESTION

I, too, have the same issue. The G2 says it is looking for a connection although I am already connected.  It is a nuisance and confusing message when nothing is actually wrong with the phone or am I missing something?  Thank CW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Flibbergibbet
I would love to look into this with you.Let's solve that battery drainer. Have you tried deleting the wifi connection and retesting? Does this happen with different wifi connections? For example a public free wifi? Does it search in Safe mode?

I look forward to getting this resolved.
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
phil2s
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did factory reset twice to fix other issue ( exchange email push function issue and having only  "headers only" option along with this issue) 

Wi-Fi searching keep going on.

Again STILL battery power is good enough for 1 and half day.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phil2s, Thanks for those details. Can I ask you, after you did the factory reset, did you reinstall your apps right away, or did you wait and test the WiFi first? If you installed apps right away, Yosef's suggestion to try safe mode may still be beneficial to you. It checks if any app is affecting this issue. Please let us know, so we can continue to assist!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
landa22

I have the LG G2 and I been having issues with the wifi...It will connect and disconnect thru out the day,...I did the Factory reset but it is still doing the same...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello landa22,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I know how important it is to stay connected to a wi-fi network. Are you having issues staying connecting to just one wi-fi network? Or are you having the same issue no matter whos wi-fi you are connected to. Let's try deleting the wi-fi connection from the phone and reconnect. http://vz.to/1fCBiKH When you do this step it is going to ask for the wi-fi password again. Just a heads up. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes