Re: LG G2 Constantly "Searching" for wi-fi even though it is already connection to wi-fi
landa22

I have tried the following instructions, But it is still doing the same thing...hard to listen to a internet radio on my phone.

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Constantly "Searching" for wi-fi even though it is already connection to wi-fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details landa22! It is common for devices to disconnect from WIFI if connection is not stable. Have you attempted to connect to an alternate WIFI Network? Have you reset your WIFI router? Please keep us posted, thanks!

Matthew_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
JT_

I was having this same issue. I read a lot of posts and forums online about this same problem with the G2.

My problem ended up being router related. I have the router set WPA Mode : Auto

And here is what fixed is I had the Cipher Type set as TKIP and AES. I had to change it ti TKIP only. My phone has been connected for days now and have not had any drops. I had called my ISP thinking it was them and reset the router thinking it was that. It ended up being this small setting on the router. I hope this helps someone else.

I spent days wanting to pull my hair out after getting this phone.

PS since this is resolved I love this phone !!! Amazing.

0 Likes
GanjaRaised

Im having the same problem with my phone constantly searching and disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi roughly every 30 seconds. Ive followed all the steps of running it in safe mode and removing and re adding the various wifi networks that Ive been trying to use, and changing the settings on my router. It doesnt matter if its a public or private network. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated, Im ready to return this phone for a different brand.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Settings | WiFi

now press the menu button

now select Advanced WiFi

Try unchecking Wi-Fi signal weak.

0 Likes
GanjaRaised

Thank You stef7, didnt realize there was an advance setting for wifi, the wifi signal weak box was unchecked already, I did uncheck the Battery saving for wifi box and have not had a problem since.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Forgot to mention that other setting. Yea, I came upon those "hidden" WiFi settings myself by accident. Probably lots of people don't know about them. I'm not impressed they are located where they are. A bit too much customization here and soooooo many people having problems with the update.

Hope that was root cause for you!

0 Likes
G2WasGreat

I am having the same issue since upgrading to Lollipop.  Regardless of where I connect to WiFi, the phone continues "searching for WiFi".  I have even unchecked  "Allow Wi-Fi scanning" in the advanced settings.And the phone continues to scan for "WiFi".  ALSO, I have to keep data turned off.  Otherwise the battery will only last a couple of hours.  Very frustrating!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

With an LG G2?

Yeah turn off Allow WiFi scanning, and also Avoid bad WiFi connections.

If this is a G2, I even hate to propose it, but this is the sort of odd-ball behavior you might get post-uprate if you didn't perform a FDR. Which of course, you'd want to back up your personal content before doing something like that.

What you might want to try one time... Select both of those settings under Advanced WiFi. Power cycle your device. Now, uncheck both, and see if the behavior is different.

0 Likes