LG G2 WiFi keep reconnecting and searching
dtranum
Enthusiast - Level 1

Keeps reconnecting and searching even with good connection.  Phone has been reset.  Happens on any router I've been connected to. Phone is not rooted and latest OTA update installed.  Phone bought 3 weeks ago.  Wish I had purchased the insurance.

Re: LG G2 WiFi keep reconnecting and searching
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dtranum,

We want your phone connecting to Wi-Fi too! When you mentioned doing a reset, can you elaborate? Did you turn the phone off and on, or did you fully reset the phone to factory settings? Please know every new phone comes with a one-year manufacturer's warranty. As long as there's physical/water damage, it would be covered.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dtranum56

It was a factory reset.  Since my last post I had the phone replaced with a new one and still get the same symptons but only at home now.  I next had comcast replace my old router. Still getting same symptons.  Phone wifi works properly everywhere else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken, dtranum56. I'm running into a similar issue with my home router as well (though I'm trying to connect a media streaming device instead of my Samsung Galaxy S III). The device itself keeps saying that the router isn't on, but I know it is because I'm connected to it with my laptop and tablet. Do you have any other devices connected to your replacement router from Comcast? Do you have a personal router that you can test instead of the Comcast router?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

dtranum56

Only thing on our wifi is my kids itouch’s and my laptop. They all work fine. I don’t have another router to test.

Dale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dtranum56, thanks for these details. It sounds like this is an isolated issue with the router in your home. Have you tried removing that router connection and then adding it back on your device in Settings>Wi-Fi? Additionally, make sure that your device is set to always connect to Wi-Fi when available in the settings of your phone. Did your router recently recieve new firmware?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

G3Greg

I am having a similar issue.  All other devices work fine:  4 windows laptops, 1 iPad mini, 1 vzw windows phone, 2 attw android phones, and 1 iPod.  Have reset modem, router, and lg g2.  No difference.  A few questions:  how can it NOT be the lg g2 that is the problem?  How do I set it to "always connect to wifi when available"?  Did the last post solve dtranum56's problem?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Likes
dtranum56

I have done all of the above and also connected a new  Belkin wifi router to the Comcast cable modem/wifi router and still get the same issue. I also updated the firmware on the new Belkin router. Is my problem the phone or is it on Comcast side.  I'm really getting tired of this phone.

0 Likes
dtranum56

I have done all of the above and also connected a new Belkin Wi-Fi router to the Comcast cable modem/Wi-Fi router and still get the same issue. I also updated the firmware on the new Belkin router and checked to make sure the Comcast supplied modem/router was updated. Still the same issue.

One thing I just tried that did work is go to Airplane Mode then turn the Wi-Fi only back on while in airplane mode. That worked, no more Wi-Fi issues. My house is in a bad reception area and I only get 1 bar in a small percentage of my property. My other smart phones I have owned in the past and my wife’s IPhone have had no Wi-Fi issue here at home. I can’t have my phone running in Airplane Mode since my kids and their coach’s keep in touch with me thru Texting and that can’t happen while in Airplane Mode. I think Verizon has a device that I can install in my house that can fix the reception issue but I can’t afford paying any more on my plan or purchase any more devices. My wife would kill me. I’m really starting to get tired of this phone. I know its LG latest and greatest phone but for me it’s not that great.

Dale

0 Likes
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

I would suggest to go to  www  test-ipv6 dot com      it will give you your public IPV4 IP address. It will be something for example 192.168.x.xx X's being numbers of course. If you see a IPV6 address should be your problem. Your Internet provider is using both IPV4/IPV6 at the same time to create a 6RD tunnel to create native connectivity. Verizon is using IPV6 ONLY now.

Comcast has just now went to ipv6 in some areas.

Try this.

1- Forget your WIFI network.

2-scan and click your network.

3-put password back in but don't connect yet.

4- Scroll down And change DHCP to STATIC

5-connect to network.

6- click your network again and select save.

It will keep the IPV6 over IPV4 packets from coming trough.

Done it to lots of equipment and has worked

0 Likes