LG G2 clock keeps running behind.
brenlauriebarth

LG G2 clock keeps running behind. For example yesterday the time on my phone was 33 minutes behind the actual time. This has happened to me several times. I tried turning my phone off and back on to reset it but that didn't work. I finally got the time fixed by going into the clock settings. But what is making my clock off? And is there a way to fix this so I stop having this problem?This is what I typically use to tell time so it being behind is not good.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G2 clock keeps running behind.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brenlauriebarth
I'm sorry your having issues with the G2. I would be glad to assist you. Did this start after another app was downloaded? Are you using the Automatic Date and Time? To check Menu>Settings> Date & Time and uncheck and recheck automatic and retest.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

brenlauriebarth

I may have downloaded an app that day, I don't remember what day this weekend I downloaded an app. Why would downloading an app affect my clock? I am using automatic time and by unchecking and rechecking the automatic time, I was able to reset the time. I know how to fix it, I am just more concerned on why it is happening and how to stop it from happening in the future, because if this keeps happening something needs to be done about it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concerns brenlauriebarth!

Most apps would not affect the time, but if the app is not working correctly, or if it was specifically a clock app, it may have had a negative effect. If you wait for just a few seconds, does the time correct itself, or is it stuck behind? Try running in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1jJcFxT to eliminate the possibility of it's being app related.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kat_Tav
Enthusiast - Level 1

My clock was always 2-3 minutes slow--which was driving me nuts.  Rebooting didn't help.  Thanks for the tip, I found that my automatic time zone was checked but the automatic date and time was NOT!  Thanks!

0 Likes