LG G2 email not working
jefiner327
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had an LG G2 phone since the end of December and up until a few days ago everything was fine with sending and receiving emails. My email suddenly stopped working the other day and so my husband removed my account and tried to set it up again and now there is nothing. It won't recognize my email account at all......we have checked and double checked that everything was input correctly. We read somewhere that there might have been an update done in the past few days that could have messed up my email, but I have no idea how to 'fix' it. I really don't want to restore the factory settings back on my phone and start over, any suggestions as to what else can be done?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 email not working
jefiner327
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem was resolved. I don't know what caused the malfunction in the first place, but I went to Settings->Application Manager->All->Email

From there, I did a "Force Stop," then cleared the cache, data, and defaults. This cleared EVERYTHING out of the Email app. I re-entered all of my settings for my 1and1.com email address, and it appears to be working properly again.

Hope this helps anyone else that has a similar problem.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Are you referring to the native email client that came with the phone? If you use Hotmail, Outlook,Yahoo, or AOL there are download apps as stand alone that work much better than the mail client that was on your device at purchase.

The stand alone apps you don't need to do any settings. You enter your email address and password and it will function perfectly. Now you must use the native email client if you are setting up pop3 email from providers like Road Runner, Verizon, Comcast or charter internet or any local ISP. You can get those correct settings from the ISP help pages.

There are also email apps like YouMail etc.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jefiner327
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the built-in email app. We have a domain and email addresses through 1&1.com. When setting up the app/client, we have to make sure to use the correct setting (IMAP server, SMTP server, ports, security, etc). As I said, everything was working fine until just a couple of days ago. I suddenly stopped receiving email on my phone, and I am also unable to send email. Everything is configured just as it has been for the last several months, but it just no longer works. My husband's email on the exact same phone is functioning flawlessly. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
jefiner327
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem was resolved. I don't know what caused the malfunction in the first place, but I went to Settings->Application Manager->All->Email

From there, I did a "Force Stop," then cleared the cache, data, and defaults. This cleared EVERYTHING out of the Email app. I re-entered all of my settings for my 1and1.com email address, and it appears to be working properly again.

Hope this helps anyone else that has a similar problem.

skywalker81

jefiner327's response regarding performing a "forced stop", "clear data" and "clear cache" fixed my issue.  I had my company e-mail stop syncing properly and after I tried to delete the account and reset up the account, it quit altogether.  When I tried to go to Settings/Application Manager/ALL/Email, the forced stop and clear data buttons were grayed out, meaning they were not active.  I went back to my settings, removed the company email account and removed the icon from my home page on the phone.  I then went back to Application Manager/All/Email and was able to press the "Forced Stop" and the "Clear Data".  I also pressed Clear Cache. ( I tried just clear cache without the other two at the direction of our company IT department, but that didn't fix it.) Once I got everything cleared, I went back to the Settings page and created a new account using Email and Microsoft Exchange and entereed all the email account information and my Email is now working on the phone.  

0 Likes
Hey_Vern58
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

0 Likes