LG. G2 gets hot and other issues
Mikki7010

I'm having trouble with my phone getting hot with in seconds of turning on. The battery life sucks. I have to carry a charger everywhere I go. My screen freezes, my texts are delayed and it locks in the middle of being used. This is my second phone. Is any one else having this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG. G2 gets hot and other issues
Snn5
Legend

Have you checked to see if there are run away apps in the background by looking at the Battery screen or using another app from the Play Store like GSAM?

If you have tried safe mode and you are still having issues you can try a factory reset.

If all else fails contact Verizon for a replacement if still under 1 year warranty or extended warranty.

I have not had that issue myself on my G2.

Safe Mode:

To fix an issue caused by a 3rd-party app, you can boot your LG G2 into Safe mode and delete the suspect app. You can turn on Safe mode by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the Power key on your LG G2.
  2. Now tap and hold Power off option.
  3. When it prompts Reboot to safe mode, select OK.
  4. Your LG G2 will now reboot into Safe mode.
  5. While in this mode, you’ll see ‘Safe mode’ banner at the lower left corner of your phone’s screen.
  6. To turn off Safe mode, just press and hold the Power button and tap Restart option.

Factory Reset Phone ON:

1. Tap the Menu key from Homescreen.
  2. Select System settings> General.
  3. Now scroll to PERSONAL.
  4. Select Backup & reset option.
  5. Tap Factory data reset> Reset phone.
  6. Select Erase everything.
  7. When the warning window prompts, tap OK.

Factory Reset Phone OFF:

1. Turn off your LG G2.
  2. Now press and hold the Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously for about 8 seconds.
  3. When the LG Logo appears, release and then immediately re-hold the Power button.
  4. Release the Power key as soon as you see the ‘FACTORY HARD RESET’ screen.
  5. Press the Power key to reset your device.
  6. Press the Power key again to confirm factory data  reset.
  7. Wait till reset is done.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you checked to see if there are run away apps in the background by looking at the Battery screen or using another app from the Play Store like GSAM?

If you have tried safe mode and you are still having issues you can try a factory reset.

If all else fails contact Verizon for a replacement if still under 1 year warranty or extended warranty.

I have not had that issue myself on my G2.

Safe Mode:

To fix an issue caused by a 3rd-party app, you can boot your LG G2 into Safe mode and delete the suspect app. You can turn on Safe mode by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the Power key on your LG G2.
  2. Now tap and hold Power off option.
  3. When it prompts Reboot to safe mode, select OK.
  4. Your LG G2 will now reboot into Safe mode.
  5. While in this mode, you’ll see ‘Safe mode’ banner at the lower left corner of your phone’s screen.
  6. To turn off Safe mode, just press and hold the Power button and tap Restart option.

Factory Reset Phone ON:

1. Tap the Menu key from Homescreen.
  2. Select System settings> General.
  3. Now scroll to PERSONAL.
  4. Select Backup & reset option.
  5. Tap Factory data reset> Reset phone.
  6. Select Erase everything.
  7. When the warning window prompts, tap OK.

Factory Reset Phone OFF:

1. Turn off your LG G2.
  2. Now press and hold the Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously for about 8 seconds.
  3. When the LG Logo appears, release and then immediately re-hold the Power button.
  4. Release the Power key as soon as you see the ‘FACTORY HARD RESET’ screen.
  5. Press the Power key to reset your device.
  6. Press the Power key again to confirm factory data  reset.
  7. Wait till reset is done.
0 Likes
katiecnorris86
Enthusiast - Level 1

My screen also locks and freezes only I have to wait for the phone to Completely die on its on before I can use the power button to turn it back on, I'm on  my second device also but BC the screen ( in my opinion) is EXTREMLY fragile. It's LED has just broke AGAIN and now I'll b needing a third phone!! I will not b buying the lg g2 again tho. POORLY MADE PHONE! DISAPPOINTED

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That's the first time I ever heard of the LED breaking.  Any idea how that happened?  You can just hold the power button down for around 10 seconds to restart the phone if it freezes.

0 Likes
katiecnorris86
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does not do ANYTHING when I hold power button down, it remains on the screen it froze on . the led broke by the phone being dropped, no it wasn't in a case so I take responsibility for that dumbness, let's b real tho any decent phone case isn't gonna b any less than 50 bucks, from what Ive seen. But when this led is damaged I get lines down the left side of the screen then the lines start to darken black and b4 I know it ( aprx.6-7 days later) the entire left side is blacked out then I can't do much with that bu receive calls n make calls with Bluetooth, BC I can use voice command.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh LCD not LED, got it.  Yeah, I would've be happy about either breaking.  I have yet to have mine crack in a year and a half.  But, its also in an Otterbox and I did drop it on carpet once.  All phones are subject to break, be they Gorilla Glass 1, 2 or 3, or any new type of glass, even in a case. 

0 Likes