LG G2 pic text issue after IOS update
ShellaBella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since my phone upgraded to KitKat I can no longer send or receive picture text messages. While the other issues are a pain ( battery life, overheating) the

is issue is driving me crazy. Have a ton of family out of area- want to see the pics.

I am considering doing a factory reset but will the phone automatically update to KitKat again? Or will it stay with just the factory software until they finally fix the bugs?

I Loved this phone, now hating it, but can't afford to get a new one outside of contract upgrade time frame!

Anyone have the text issues and have ideas for a fix?

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 pic text issue after IOS update
jennrules11

I am having the same issues, I am on the fence about using the lg flashtool to uninstall KitKat. I think if you do factory reset it goes back to KitKat, if you read the previous posts other people have done the reset and the problem persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ShellaBella, help is here front and center! Please ensure you are disconnected from wifi while sending and receiving picture messages. The factory reset option will continue to have the same Kit Kat software since the phone's aren't able to go to a previous software version. Are you using the stock messaging app or a 3rd party messaging application? Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ShellaBella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still unable to receive or send pictures via text messaging. It doesn't matter if I am disconnected from wifi or not. I typically am never connected to wifi anyway. I am using the stock messaging system. I went into local verizon store, they had me try to use the verizon messaging app, that didn't work either.

It is so frustrating not to be able to use the phone as I need to. Hoping to find some answers sooner rather than later.

ShellaBella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still not working, never have wifi connected. Wont work with it connected either. Tried Verizon's messaging app, the app that came on the phone and another texing app - Chomp. Nothing works.

0 Likes
sbch212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem too!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think there are other people with phones other than LG G2 having MMS texting problems. Google it.

You might want to try an alternative texting method, say Whatsapp.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ShellaBella,

It saddens me to hear that your picture memories are not working. Software updates should improve the device. It sounds like the picture messaging software maybe corrupted. Do you receive an error message when you attempt to open the picture message? Place the device in Safe Mode for couple of hours to see if you can send and receive picture messages http://vz.to/1kuZyVK .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes