LG G2 randomly switches screens
katherineo

Is it possible this is just because, at certain times, I'm in an area with 2 competing towers?  The phone will just flash back and forth between screens, randomly open the camera, shut the 'keyboard' down when I'm texting, etc. etc. Thank You. It doesn't do this all of the time, just in certain areas.

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 randomly switches screens
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's really strange, katherineo. I can assure you that the tower you're picking up would not have an effect on your camera, keyboard, or screen flashing though. Do you notice this happening when the phone is placed on a certain object? Something perhaps with static or magnetic properties? Do you get an error message when things are shutting down? Do you have a case or protective screen cover on your phone?

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
katherineo

No error messages. The only time it happened before was when I was out on the lake in a boat (and keeping my phone TIGHTLY in my hands!). It doesn't matter what I'm near and, now that I've left that area it doesn't do it any more . .  which led me to believe the 'competing' towers had to be it . . . I do have a case on it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

katherineo,

Hmm, that is odd! If the phone was in between two towers it would connect to our tower or any carrier we have an agreement with that offers the best signal. The phone should not go in between screens as the towers don't have the power to change the screen. If you notice it do it again with another location or object please keep us posted.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
katherineo

It started doing it again 3 days ago in a totally new location. I decided I'd just deal with it for the moment. Then, the next day I noticed it wasn't finding the 4G network here, just 3G. THEN - that night I went to use it as a mobile hotspot at home and it told me there was no SIM card installed. SO - I took out the SIM card, gently wiped it and put it back. . . . ever since that the phone has worked fine. I believe the problem initiated with the SIM card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

katherineo,

Yay! Glad to hear your phone is back in business! Please let us know if additional assistance is needed, we are here to help!

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes