LG G2 security error help please
bertolo1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

So there I was updating my phone,  all of a sudden it reboots and gets to the LG screen after installing the update.  It only made it to the next screen that says LG but a little smaller but with another line of text that says security error.  Factory reset didn't work so I downloaded the LG mobile support tool and downloaded the verizon file to reflash my phone to stock again,  but another problem presented itself.  It seems that the phone is so damage that my computer doesn't recognize the phone in download mode.  When i have the phone plugged in to my PC it attempts to automatically install drivers for the phone,  it fails MTP USB Device and with CDC Serial and LGE Android says no driver phone,  I installed the USB drivers manually and reconnected my phone to no avail.  I spent hours on google trying to figure it out and usually I can get this kind of stuff figured out myself but I am stumped...  I need help and google is not helping me.   Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 security error help please
Snn5
Legend

The LG error screen:  was there a particular error or was it the LG Rights Agreement and Google Play Store triangle with ! in it that shows up each time the phone is factory reset?

As far as the software repair/update assistant from Verizon, I have NEVER gotten it to recognize my phone even as far back as February 2014.

0 Likes
bertolo1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it seemed as if it updated perfectly until i reboot,  after the initial LG screen,  this one shows up http://k36.kn3.net/ED11C35D9.png

My computer was able to detect my phone flawlessly before this fiasco.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you were not rooted or modified prior to the update the installation of the update may have corrupted. If you were, that would be the logical first thought as to the error.  The Verizon variant of the G2 is not compatible with LG Flash Tool in its unmodified state, as Verizon omitted the LG to PC connection software. I have not found an authorized nor official way to fix a corrupted recovery.  Perhaps you have extended warranty that can cover a replacement?  Obviously, if root was even granted then the warranty would do no good.

0 Likes
bertolo1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

i had wiped everything and went stock prior to the update.  No rom, no root, no custom recovery.  Completely clean and stock apps when I updated.  Verizon has released USB drivers for the LG G2,  I figured that out trying to fix my phone Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

bertolo1988 wrote:

i had wiped everything and went stock prior to the update.  No rom, no root, no custom recovery.  Completely clean and stock apps when I updated. 

When you say, "went stock," do you mean your were rooted before wiping to take the update?

0 Likes
bertolo1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I mean I wanted a completely clean phone prior to updating and I was on 4.4 already.  I reverted back to 4.2.2 and wiped the entire phone of everything and began the upgrade process from there.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

When you reverted, you had to root to do so, and that changed the security parameters, and then voided the warranty.  I'm afraid I cannot refer to further steps from this point within the forum.  But, good news is you can now do whatever you want to the phone.

0 Likes
bertolo1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is sending me a replacement.  I had already tried all available troubleshooting I guess.  I hate it when I can't fix something Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What happens when they inspect the phone and see "Modified" in the status and/or bootloader?  You might think twice as that might turn into a $299 charge for dmg_device.

0 Likes