LG G2 text messaging
KennyKin

I just got an LG G2 today. I cannot respond to any text messages. A few went through after I retried multiple times, and some people are getting my responses. But for the most part, nothing will work.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 text messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We want you to enjoy that new phone, KennyKin. Are you seeing an error message when you try to send? Are you able to receive fine? Is the trouble only when trying to reply to messages or is it when sending a brand new message too?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go to Settings-Tethering & Networks-Mobile Networks-System Select-Network Mode-

Make sure LTE/CDMA is chosen.

0 Likes
KennyKin

It has trouble both ways. Seems to be getting better, but last night I had to try to send multiple times every attempt to send text message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmmm, strange for sure KennyKin. Thanks for the info though. So did you recently upgrade to this device? Does it happen with all contacts or just certain ones? Any details you can provide can help us solve this mystery!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I agree with using CDMA/LTE as Global is only good if youre near a border like Canada or Mexico or outside the US.  Keeping it LTE just means youre keeping it on VZW.  The first thing all the reps do is try to get you to disable data limits, enable mobile data all the time, enable Global and Global Roaming and Roaming Retrieval.  I'm opposed to all that...costs too much in fees and not needed.  I had a problem with receiving calls at one point and this helped me.

0 Likes