LG G2 upgrade 4.2.2
Rowz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the upgrade yesterday my phone is using power at alarming rate. Even when not using phone in 1 hour it used 17% of it's power, I have adjusted power saving methods that I used before. Phone previously went 3 days without charging.

The upgrade also removed one on my apps (navigator) and I can't find "GPS" on my drop down menu, has it been changed to "Location"?

Also my text messaging is messed up.  Some of my texts aren't going through for 1 hour.

Very sad, loved this phone prior to upgrades yesterday. Today not so happy.

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 upgrade 4.2.2
drewzytoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

TOTALLY agree!  Both my son and I have the LG G2.  Up until yesterday it was one of the best phones I've ever had.  Now it's just like the others!  Missing apps....added bloatware (Isis Wallet), unreliable texting, battery drain by a bunch of stuff I don't even want on my phone but can't remove!  It's CRAZY. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go to Setings then Location. If that is turned on turn it off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rowz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am very sorry to hear of your troubles since updating your device to kit kat. There is no known issues with this problem currently. We definitely want to find out what could be the cause of this. Normally with any software update we suggest doing a factory reset. All information should be saved by either your google account and or your SD card. Here is the steps to completing the reset http://vz.to/1ijaOhZ. Please keep us updated if you see any changes.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

FDR did not fix issue.  I got a replacement today.  Immediately FDR upon powering on 3 times.  Charged to 100% and left plugged into AC outlet while downloading update and installing update.  Then FDR 3 more times.  Everything is working so far.  SMS sends and receives timely, tapping shade/pull-down bar turns off/on screen without going to date window, power button no longer ends call, BT works, battery is just as good as JB.  I'm sure something will pop up, but so far, none of the usual gripes.

Discussion of moderation removed as required by the

Messaged was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm also having terrible problems with the G2 since the upgrade and am getting the run around.  Took it into the store and they said they hadn't heard of these problems (this seems to be what all Verizon employees standardly say when presented with a problem).  Texts would not go through.  The screen hangs when a button is pressed so I can do anything but maybe get to the Home screen.  Power has been draining completely within a couple hours of full charge!  And now tonight phone went down to 0% without even being used.  It would not accept charge from the wall, is only now charging from USB connection at glacial pace.  I bought phone at Best Buy.  When I took it there they said Verizon handles returns of defective phones no matter where purchased.  Took it to Verizon store and they said Best Buy has to handle it under their warranty.  The girl just took out the Sim card and put it back in, saying that would cure all touch screen problems - not.  It did nothing to improve it. Who is supposed to handle this as I need this phone replaced??  I've never had to spend so much time just keeping a phone charged and able to be used.  Disabled location as much as possible with Google being basically in charge of phone, but that didn't help the battery draining.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cg379 We certainly want to find the best solution for your device issues since the update. We will cover the phone under warranty, provided there is not any physical or moisture damage. Before we replace the phone, we want to make sure all troubleshooting has been completed. Has there been a master reset performed?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulyjsob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had nothing but problems after the upgrade as well.  I did a full reset (twice) and its still not right.  WIFI acting up, bluetooth using battery when its NOT on, crazy quick battery drain.

This WAS the best phone I've had until this update.  I wish I could go back to the previous release.

Clearly Verizon, there is a problem.  My wife's G2 is also experiencing higher battery drain.

Rowz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is acting better since I reset to factory settings, lost all my pictures though.  Verizon still seems to be saying they haven't heard of this problem.  My partner was all set to go out and upgrade to LG G2 because I loved my phone so much. Good thing this happened now and she can get a different phone, and possibly a new carrier.  Not happy at and I also wish I could back in time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it's important to have consistent performance from your device paulyjsob! An update should only improve it. When you reset the device, was this done on both you and your wife's? In addition, was this done as a complete factory wipe or did you restore? http://vz.to/1huDYPs

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes