LG G2 visual voicemail system error, showing random calls to voicemail
mattv1

My wife and I both have LG G2 phones.  We have been dealing with poor voice calls for a while, and now ever since the last update we are getting visual voice mail errors.  Normally wouldn't be a big deal to me, but we are not on unlimited voice, and voice mail calls count as peak calls for some reason.  We are not making these voicemail calls. They do not show up in our call logs on the phones.  Multiple calls to verizon and they tell me that it is not their network causing the issues, it must be the phones.  He also suggested to me multiple times that we must be pocket dialing voicemail....LOL.  On two phones, with nothing showing in our call logs?  One for 56 minutes and another for 33 minutes? All he can recommend in factory reset.  I am on my third phone, new sim card, and just factory reset last week.  I am sick of dealing with these issues.  I was told I can't be helped with this issue until after the bill comes out.  Meanwhile, it is still happening.  Visual voicemail doesn't even generate a CDMA call, which is what they say these are...

I happened to notice an interesting trend in the voicemail calls on my wifes phone.  They are highlighted in yellow.  Each of them has a corresponding call of the same time an hour later that is an actual call.  What is happening?  Anyone else have this issue?  I am almost out of minutes.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 visual voicemail system error, showing random calls to voicemail
Not applicable

For what it's worth I'm not showing these errors on my G2.

0 Likes
mattv1

No one else?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I do not use VVM.  It requires data and I never got it to work on WiFi.  I also happen to NOT use HD Voice/Video Call in Advanced Calling 1.0 as it requires VVM and bypasses the normal VM altogether.  I always had issues with it.  Not the same strange duplicate calls one hour apart though.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It may use data but I can't see how it's that much. it's just the text output of the voice isn't it?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Its possible there is a mix up with the Advance Calling 1.0 feature as it relies on data as well.  Its still not prime time and will have issues. No it doesn't use much data I'm sure.  On another note my friends G2 was perfect except that there was 1 domestic number that was billed as international some 469 times last billing cycle. VZW looked into it and took those charges off.  It wasn't the phone it was the system.  So that may be plausible for you as well....that it is a VZW network issue.

0 Likes
mattv1

I thought it might be the network, but Verizon assured me that it couldn't happen that way.  We talked about volte calling maybe being the issue since its beta, but he told me these voicemail calls were being CDMA generated.  I don't know, and it looks like they don't know either.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm at a loss here.  It isnt your phone making timed calls we know that.  I say it is the network and they will definitely have to troubleshoot on their end.  they can reset your ESN on the network.  (electronic subscriber number) They can also remove those charges after investigation.  Clearly this isnt the consumer's fault.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm not sure of the situation with your contract.  I do wonder why you aren't on a Share Everything plan or at least on 2 separate $60 plans with unl voice and text and 2 GB data.  Maybe the subscriber info is being duplicated from one handset to the other on the account.  I purely speculate with no evidence or experience.  I do know that I had issue receiving calls one time, and only from one number which had been on T-Mobile and didn't ring through and same number when it was ported to VZW.  I was reset on the network and it seemed to fix the issue.

0 Likes