LG Revolution Battery/Charging Issues
kcwohl

I am recently been having multiple frustrating events occur with my 4G LG Revolution phone, especially issues with the battery. My phone already had issues with battery life due to the applications and 4G network draining my battery (2-3 charges required per day), which I have heard is an issue with most verizon 4g phones. A few days ago, the battery ran out of juice and now refuses to accept any charge from my wall charger or car charger. I have taken it into the local verizon store twice now and they have diagnosed the phone, and said that the problem was with the Lithium battery. The phone is covered under warranty, so they have replaced the battery and turned the phone back on with 4% battery life left. However, as soon as I drive home to use my phone again, the battery runs out again and has the same issue where it won't charge in either of my chargers and will not turn back on. There has been no physical damage / water damage to the phone, so it is not a problem with the actual phone, but do you think there is a connection issue between the battery and power button, or is it just a problem with the battery itself?

Do you have any recommendations for fixing this battery issue with the LG revolution, or is there a way to substitute the revolution with another more reliable phone so this battery issue doesn't persist and completely limit my phone access / communication?

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution Battery/Charging Issues
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Ha Ha Ha if you have had phone more than 15 days they will just give you a used refurbished phone and then another and another with same old problems other than maybe not the charging issue. Sounds like you have a bad phone

0 Likes
tcbytcby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened with my phone. So I tried connecting the charger to my computer and now that's the only place it will charge..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tcbycby,

I can only imagine how inconvenient this can be and I want to help get resolved.

Have you tried using a different charging outlet or charger? Does the charging port on the phone seem loose?

Try connecting the phone to the charger while plugged to an outlet and power the phone off for a minute and turn back on while still plugged to the charger.

If it still only charge while plugged to your computer I recommend taking into a store for a hands on evaluation.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jermit

Typical bonehead troubleshooting from VZWSupport to keep the shadow of doubt to support their own products. 

I'm having the same issue.  The only fix for me is to hard reboot the phone and replug it back in to either outlet or PC.

WHICH BOTH ARE FINE BY THE WAY.

I too will be visiting the local VZW store to begin my documentation of phone swaps and failed support. 

0 Likes
handcock5

i am having the same problem my phone will not charge at all in any way not connected to the wall or computer i tried factory resetting it and now it wont even let me turn it on it shows the battery when plugged into my computer but it wont turn on

0 Likes