LG Revolution - How do I get separate notification tones for email vs. text vs. alarms?
chebruk

I would like to get separate notification tones for email vs. text vs. alarms on my LG Revolution.  It's annoying to get the same tone for everything. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Revolution - How do I get separate notification tones for email vs. text vs. alarms?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can change the notification tone for most of those applications.

Open the text message app, press menu and then settings. You can change the notification tone in there.

The alarm should be similar. Open the clock application and go to the alarm clock section. See if you can change the tone there or press menu to see if there are more options.

Gmail and Google Talk can also be changed to something different.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution - How do I get separate notification tones for email vs. text vs. alarms?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can change the notification tone for most of those applications.

Open the text message app, press menu and then settings. You can change the notification tone in there.

The alarm should be similar. Open the clock application and go to the alarm clock section. See if you can change the tone there or press menu to see if there are more options.

Gmail and Google Talk can also be changed to something different.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Awesome_Android

Well if I wan to change my text message alert completely and put my own sounds in there how do I do that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
In your SD card, create the following folder structure where you can copy paste your custom ringtones into the different folders. The top level of the SD card will be the SDcard drive.

SDcard drive:/audio/media/ringtones
SDcard drive:/audio/media/notifications
SDcard drive:/audio/media/alarms

You would put your custom ringtones in the ringtones folder and the text message and email notification tones in the notifications folder. Once the files are in there and the phone rescans (might require a reboot) the SD card, the custom files with be available in the selection lists.

0 Likes