LG Revolution Internet/Connection services
misslady478

This is my first smartphone. i really like this revolution, but since I received the phone I am having problems with the internet.  I get G services and it appears that the internet is working, but when I go to update the aquaweather on the homepage, it says failed. Then I try to broswe the internet and it takes forever for the page to load, so I end up closing it out....It happens a lot the during the day, but for the most part the internet works fine. ...........Anybody have a problem with the internet???

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution Internet/Connection services
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2
I had the same issue today. Showed full 3G signal and the data arrows were flashing however there was no data being received. I turned off the phone and it worked on restart. IMO that won't do! This needs to work otherwise the smart phone isn't so "smart". Are there any solutions?
0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Where are you experiencing this issue. Is it primarily in one location? Does it happen after using a application?

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

My issue has happened a few times.  One after being on the phone while driving about 50 miles.  The other while stationary.  Nothing more than checking email or on the browser when the issue happened.  The last time was when I was using the hotspot feature for my iPad.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What is your zip code?  I will research your area and see what options we have for you.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

My home zip code is 68022.  I had issues west of Lincoln, NE.  Just about 10 miles west of your big call center.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

The zid code you've provided and other locations in Lincoln, NE ares not yet in the 4G coverage area. For updates on when 4G services will be available as well as addresses where 4G is available, please click on this link. http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There may not be 4G LTE available in the area, but the would be 3G in that part of the state.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I never said I was in a 4G area.  In fact the comment I made was that my phone was showing 3G and good signal, yet I was not able to receive data.  I am disappointed in the fact that I have noticed that the VZW employees who respond on here do not take the time to really read the threads before responding.  Instead a generic response is all that is usually offered.  

The issue is that the phone sometimes drops data connection, even when the phone is showing full signal and a reboot restores data in the same location.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am in about that same area too and I have noticed that sometimes I will lose data connection without the default signal bars changing. I know this because I also run an extra application service that constantly polls both the CDMA and the EDVO signal strength. It is then displayed in two separate signal bars graphics. It was called "Real Signal" and it was in the Android Market. Lately it seems to have disappeared from there. I have discovered a similar application that will at least give you the dbm strength when you pull down the notification window.

Give this signal strength application a try and see if you can detect when your signal drops on the data side.
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.moddedlogic.android.SignalStatus

Personally I still like Real Signal more, but this one gets the job done.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes