LG Revolution Issues
LRowl25

My husband and I both have the LG Revolution. I bought them last November, within 3 months we both started having issues: screen freezing, sending multiple messages, slow response, random restarts, unable to answer calls, unable to end calls, unable to send messages. Called Tech support and they had both of us do a factory reset. This only worked for a day or two before the problems came back. I called again and they sent both of us refurbished phones. Big surprise, they worked for a few days before all the problems came on those phones.

Has anyone actually gotten a resolution without having to buy a new phone? I refuse to spend $600 for a friggin phone, I wouldn't even pay $200 for as long as these phones last.

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution Issues
Gary1060

I have been having some of the same issues. Also neither of my "Backup" programs always lock up. And now I cant delete city in my weather channel either. They tell me to do a factory reboot. But refuse to because I have so maybe things to reload. Besides from what I have been reading it never works for very long.

I do agree with one guy who says they dont know what to do so they just always say reboot.I have had the phone for over a year and like dit till about a mounth or so back now having all kinds of issues. I think it stated happening right after an up grade. So I think it is something they did, they just wont admit it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to the both of you!

So it does sound like we have similar issues with your devices, however, not all the same. I wanted to thank you for all the troubleshooting that you have done here. We always recommend the master reset as the last step in the troubleshooting process, not because we are unsure, however, it is just the last and final step before a replacement. With an Android phone, a lot of different applications can be put onto the phone that can cause different reactions in the phone. This may be why only after an hour or a couple days that the same problems occur. The same file or the same application is affecting the device. Yes, on occassion it may be the actual software of the device and in that case it would need to be replaced. However, a lot of the time it is due to an application.

I recommend a master reset and also formatting the memory card. Plug that into your computer and save all the files you need (music, pictures, videos) and then format and erase the entire card. This will ENSURE that the phone is in it's stock condition. If in fact, it is having an issue, and you are under warranty, that would be the nest step.

We do not want either of you to have to pay extra money for a device that is under warranty! Please let us know the results after the full reset and we can go further. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LRowl25

I have done all of those things.

Laura D 

(Removed all personal/private information as per)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
rich4parse

I found a generic solution...I had removed the SD card without using the settings feature... and it acted like it was full.

Just went into settings - SD card & Phone storage-Unmount SD card, and unmounted it. Then pulled the SD out, then back in, and it worked! I'm suprised that a *228 reprogramming was not effective.

0 Likes