LG Revolution - Multiple Issues
sk65405
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having constant issues with this phone.  I do not even know where to begin.  I have an entire laundry list of problems:

1. This phone constantly freezes or hangs.  Sometimes it will resolve itself, others I am forced to pull the battery.  This will happen multiple times a day, and will last for anywhere between a few seconds to 5 or more minutes.
  2. It will restart itself 3-4 times per day.  This does not matter if it is charging, switching from 3G-4G.  It will do this laying on my desk, talking on the phone or just using an app.  It did it before the 2.3 update, and is still doing it.
  3. Often, applications (including stock apps such as Home, Phone, or Contacts) will force close.  This happens 1-2 times per day.
  4. I am not receiving text messages.  This is new.  It started on 12/26, and I am forced to restart the phone, and I do not receive messages that were sent prior.
  5. I lose my data connection often.  Not just 4G, but 3G and 2G as well.  Just goes to nothing.  When data finally comes back, I get nothing but 2G until I toggle airplane mode or restart the phone.

Below is the troubleshooting that I have already done with this phone:

• Toggle airplane mode (constantly)
  • Removed 3rd party messaging app to troubleshoot text message issue
  • Reboot (constantly)
  • Factory Data Reset

After I did the Factory reset, I used the phone for several days, to no avail.  This phone is still not working correctly.  I would also like to add that this is the 3rd LG Revo that I have had since August.

Re: LG Revolution - Multiple Issues
sk65405
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also like to add that several of the times I turn Airplane mode on, the phone will not go into airplane mode, but on the lock screen, it reads "Service Disabled."  Long pressing the power button brings the dialog box to toggle silent mode, airplane mode and power off, yet airplane mode is greyed out and reads "Airplane mode off."  Airplane mode in settings is also greyed out at this point.  It will not go into airplane mode until I reboot it, then I can take it out of airplane mode.

0 Likes
JordanSPE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I hate to be the harbinger of horrible news…but my friend you are now the proud owner of the must atrocious phone ever produced. The LG Revolutions is a broken, defective, unfixable hunk of stool (not the kind you sit on). Verizon will do nothing about it other than to tell you to perform a factory reset. Read through these forums or simply Google “LG Revolution, worst phone ever”, then sit back and become accustomed to your new reality. The only manner to resolve the disaster that is your LG Revolution is to purchase a phone that IS NOT an LG Revolution (which coincidently Verizon would love to sell you). Your phone will NEVER work, I’m sorry, I know it blows…oh and welcome to Verizon, can you hear me…of course you can’t you have an LG Revolution.  

hatelgrevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are right on the money with your reply.  Same issues here and same old stuff from Verizon.  Factory Reset!  Ha! It is a piece of junk and they know it.  Love the can you hear me now comment!  Lol!

RevolutionaryWarx4

Im on my 4th LG Revolution phone they all freeze and lock up I just love this phone.  Tech support says there is an ongoing problem with this phone but will never replace it with a different device.  My contract is finally coming up so I will be shopping for a different carrier after 15 years with Verizon. Customer service is not the strong suite of this major company so I do look for this company and there strong service center in Bellevue to move the jobs to India,,,,,, they are just as efficient.

Thanks Verizon

0 Likes