Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues
JordanSPE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone here feels your pain! Verizon will never acknowledge the problem because they would then be forced to actually do something about it. There is more money to be made by continually pushing a broken device on unsuspecting consumers. The LG Revolution is a broken and defective handset. Verizon knows this and refuses to act honorably.

And honestly somebody tell these VZW employees posting on these forums that a factory reset is not a troubleshooting solution. I mean really, if it was not so offensive and infuriating it would almost be hilarious.

hatelgrevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are so right!  I spoke to an employee at a mall kiosk and he said he has worked in Customer Service at VZW for five years.  I offered to show him 12 pages I printed out from their site on the LG Revolution issues of locking up and shutting down and he wouldn't listen.  Said he has never heard of it.  I called customer service and asked to speake to a supervisor.  Spoke to a woman in Phoenix and she said she has never heard of it either.  I told both of them that if they would just search the internet they would find it because that is how I found the community complaints.  They said all they can do is continue to send out replacement phone until my warranty is up, unless I purchase the insurance.  Scam if I ever did see one!  Verizon knew this phone is a piece of junk and they should not be selling it.  My contract is with Verizon not LG and if Verizon would not sell the phone then LG would be forced to fix it!  They all play dumb. 

0 Likes
hatelgrevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my second one, son is on second battary and Verizon doesn't care.  Replaced my phone because it was freezing up and after the October 30th or31st update it locked up and I had to remove the battary to hang up from a call.  Then only or or two days after replacing it, the new phone started shutting down for no reason, 4 to 5 times the first day.  Force closes all the time, can't get internet reception most times.  I've tried to convine VZ that they know this phone is junk and that if they would stop selling defective LG product then LG would fix it!  But they keep saying they've never had any complaints!  They think we are all stupid.  Well maybe I was for buying it!  I'll never buy another LG product and I'll switch cell phone company when my contract is up.  If you sell junk you will loose customers. 

hatelgrevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen!  Same here, problems escalating each day.  Verizon will not listen and they say "We have not had any complaints about these issues". 

0 Likes
hatelgrevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like your idea of a class action suit against both companies.  I'm in the distribution business and if the distributor is loosing customers then they stop selling from that particular manufacturer.  Why doesn't Verizon do that with LG?

0 Likes
stevefrat

i am having major problems texting!!  the microphone option to input content into my texts doesnt ever recognize what i say,  and whenever i use the keyboard it doesnt input word spelled correctly, and if i do type a word and it doesnt recognize it i cant use that word?  help someone!!!

0 Likes
Gozur

It most certainly is not an issue with EVERY LG Revolution.  I've had mine for 6 months now and have not seen a single problem mentioned here or any other problems for that matter.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

I love what you said and have same problems with phone and get the same responses from VZW that they haven't heard any problems.

angella

I'm having the same problems that you are having and they factory reset the phone and it still didn't work, so they sent me a new one 6 days ago and now it's doing the same thing as the other one did. I also have mobile hotspot and it doesn't work either. It drops you off the internet and tells you the page cannot be displayed. If you are luckly enough to stay online a few minites it takes it forever to move from one page to the other. This is the worse phone that I have ever had!

0 Likes
amhdecatur
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really wish I would have read some of these post about the LG revolution before I purchased it. I really dislike this phone, it has been nothing but problem after problem. It goes from 3g to 1x to no signal every few seconds. I understand that I don't have 4g in my area yet so I don't expect 4g connection but I expect the 3g connection that I was promised that I would continue getting like I got on my Palm pre plus (may go back to this reliable phone). My phone closes apps when it feels like it, text messages and emails are a complete joke, they don't go through most of the time. Battery last only a few hours becasue I was told by the store rep. that my battery is being drained because it is fighting for a signal. But store rep said that verizon is having issues with all 4g phones in areas that only have 3g, well that might be but I know my phone also have issues in the 4g spots as well, because I visited one this past weekend. This is the worst smart phone ever and if they can't fix the issues then customers should be able to trade in for a more reliable for phone.