Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues
twoyorks

This is the start of it.  Take it back while you are still can. Getting rid of it later is next to impossible.  2 years is a long time.

0 Likes
pmc1010

Hello - I purchased an LG Revolution 7 months ago for $299 along with the Verizon insurance.  I am now on my 4th "refurbished" replacement phone and am having the same issues again. My email will not load, and the phone constantly refreshes and the screen wipes clear. I have been to Verizon stores, have spoken with multiple customer support people and basically they just send me another phone each time. After the 2nd phone had issues, I even called LG and the best they could do was send me another phone.

Our family Verizon bill is $300 / month and we have been customers for over 20 years.  I need to replace this phone (5th phone in 7 months) and I wish that I could replace Verizon.  There is basically no appreciation or recognition for customer loyalty, timely bill payment, etc.  The Better Business Bureau is my next option, because I will never purchase another phone from Verizon.  Best Buy has better customer service!

0 Likes
pmc1010

Take it back!  I believe you only have 7 or 14 days for a full refund.

0 Likes
cassiejk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau stating everything thing you did in the post below and someone from Verizon will contact you with in a week or two. Let them know what you want as a resolution too. I had very good luck going that route!

Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 07:53:34 -0700

To: cassie_klimek@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues

created by pmc1010 in Revolution by LG - View the full discussion

Hello - I purchased an LG Revolution 7 months ago for $299 along with the Verizon insurance. I am now on my 4th "refurbished" replacement phone and am having the same issues again. My email will not load, and the phone constantly refreshes and the screen wipes clear. I have been to Verizon stores, have spoken with multiple customer support people and basically they just send me another phone each time. After the 2nd phone had issues, I even called LG and the best they could do was send me another phone. Our family Verizon bill is $300 / month and we have been customers for over 20 years. I need to replace this phone (5th phone in 7 months) and I wish that I could replace Verizon. There is basically no appreciation or recognition for customer loyalty, timely bill payment, etc. The Better Business Bureau is my next option, because I will never purchase another phone from Verizon. Best Buy has better customer service!

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Revolution by LG by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
dppoz

These phones are horrible and I'm frankly sorry we bought them. We both purchased new Revo's at the end of November and within a week to 10 days both these phone were freezing up (especially when on a call and another call comes in) forcing the removal of the battery to restore service (and this happens to one of our phones at least once a day). Once it's powered back up (after removing the battery to get it to work again) it refuses to connect to our respective Bluetooth's (Motorola and Jawbone). Therefore, you have to go into the wireless settings and force it to connect by powering the Bluetooth on and off while also using the phones Bluetooth setting until it finally connects usually wasting at least 5 minutes per failure (P's not-so-funny running joke is the fact that if we're ever involved in a serious accident and need to call for help we're probably going to die with these phones in our hand trying to get it powered up to make the 9-1-1 call). Periodically fails to send text messages, randomly has trouble running apps (powers down before connecting or times out forcing us to enter username/password again), and we can be sitting side by side at our dining room table and one phone will be on 3G and the other on 4G. Also, the Internet on later phone is sooo slow that it might as well be a dial up connection on a 10 year old PC and of course, that phone runs better on the old 3G than the "lightening fast" (sarcasm added) 4G network...

Although we've been Verizon customers for years, as soon as this contract ends we're switching to Sprint or AT&T because this is the second smartphone that has been crap (the first being the original Motorola Droid) and Verizon doesn't seem to want to make this right with their loyal customers.

0 Likes
TrueHero1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same Issues and this is the 3rd LG phone I've gotten...It's the phone. I've reset the phone to the manufacturer settings, changed phone...its all the same..the phone is just worthless..Ive never really had problems with any phone Ive bought except this one..Im so sorry I chose this phone..Would never pick an LG again..also wishing I never switched from Tmobile never had a problem with their phones.

0 Likes
rwallot
Enthusiast - Level 2

After last night, I finally had to really look and see if I was the only person in the worled that was having such crappy luck with this thing. And yes, I went in to get an IPhone and was talked into the Revolution as well. My fault though - should have stuck with the devil I knew. Went to bed last night with a full battery - Phone was dead this morning with a completely discharged battery. Since getting it last October (2011) it has given me numerous headaches. I've put a few apps on it but looking at what is continuously using the wireless connection, have mostly disabled or removed them. It might as well be corded device as not leaving it connected to a charger at home, in the office, in the car etc. will almost garuantee it will be discharged when I need it. Next, once I powered it on this morning, I had 20 some messages in my gmail account from as far back as early last week. I also had numerous text messages come in from last week. My wife was actually a bit perturbed that I hadn't responded to a few of them - which I never received. I also see it doing somewaht of a soft reboot several times a day and miss many more but know it occurred because I no longer have my common notifications displaying anymore. I don't think it is just me but, do you feel like this is the kind of service you have come to expect from just about everyone of the tech retailers lately - you know, not really caring if you have a useful devices or service as long as you keep paying your contract monthly??? I have begun to look at the no contract solutions lately - might cost a bit more overall but they have to have incentive to keep you around. And before you ask, I have default the device several times. Odd thing, it never seems to default the same way........ Oh and if I use the Gmail app, I can see my gmail account to current, If I use the mail app to add a gmail account, it does not stay current. (and on and on and on...........)

0 Likes
mrsfrnkyj

I'm having the same issues on my 2nd phone, please tell me you found a fix...hating this phone....

0 Likes
rwallot
Enthusiast - Level 2

From every thing I've read, I believe there is no real problem with the phone hardware itself - only software problems . I had a lot more problems before upgrading the phone about a month after getting it. Taking it back to the store this weekend. Time to go back to an Iphone I guess.

0 Likes
pdpoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think Verizon should provide anyone with a well known defective phone (and they should admit by now these are junk) a seriously discounted price on another upgrade. In my opinion, Verizon needs to re-examine the concept of CUSTOMER SERVICE! D looked at getting us new phones as well, but we can't see spending $600.00 each to upgrade to another new phone after buying these Revo's in November. The sales associate at the store blamed the problems on the Google OS in the Revo, but now I'm wondering what Google would have to say about that... I may just contact them and ask since I would love to hear from Google what the problem is with this OS.