LG Revolution - Never ending issues...
svtgurl79

I've had the same multiple issues with my handset that everyone else has posted...power cycling, screen freezing & locking up, black screen when receiving incoming calls, intermittent connectivity, poor battery life.  Additionally, the phone has poor call clarity as I'm continuously saying "huh?" or "what?" or "can you repeat what you just said?" to the person on the other end of the line.

The problems started with EMS back in November.  Any texts that exceeded the 160 character limit for standard text messages, sent from non-VZ customers, would get cut off and I'd only receive the first part of the text.  I've been calling customer service at least once a week since November with the text messaging issue and they've done all kinds of troubleshooting w/ the issue, stated the issue was escalated to a manager to contact AT&T to update their scripting but couldn't promise when AT&T would do so, told me LG is supposed to send out a software update w/in the first quarter of this year that "should" fix the issue.  Every time I called and spoke to a customer service rep, I was told they'd call me back w/ an update but I never received a call.  Not once was I offered a replacement handset even though I know there's no guarantee this would fix the issue and that it more than likely won't.  A temporary fix I disovered was to have tech support disable then e-enable my text messaging feature, turn the phone off, take out the battery, put the battery back in and power it back up.  If you're lucky that'll last a week.

I went to a retail store yesterday and spoke to a Sales Rep who tried to workout some options to get me into an iPhone.  The option he gave me was to add another line to my account w/ a 2 yr contract and I could get the phone at the new service price of $199 vs paying retail of $650.  After the abhorring experience I've had with this handset and the inability of the numerous customer service reps I spoke with to resolve this initial issue w/ text messaging, I did not want to be tied into another 2 yr contract.  He suggested I speak to the store manager to see what he can do for me...worst customer service experience I've had to date w/ VZ.  To sum it up...this Asst Store Manager basically told me that he's not heard of these issues w/ this device and if it was big enough of a problem he'd receive an email about it w/ instructions as to what handset they can replace the Revo with.  I referred him to read the forum posts on VZ's own website to which his response was that we can't go off of what people say on forums because anyone can say anything they want that may not be true.  He basically told me that he can't do anything for me until I at least do a warranty replacement and if the issues persist, then he can look into getting me into another Android device at the upgrade price.  He said normally customer service will require at least 3 handset replacements before they can switch a customer to a different device.  I asked what sense does is make to replace my phone which I purchased new but is defective & malfunctioning with a refurbished handset that was defective off the manufacturing line.  His response, I can't say that I'll have the same issues because I've not had a replacement phone and in his 10 yrs of experience, most of the time the replacement phone resolves the issues.  Clearly, I'm getting nowhere fast w/ this guy and am forced to follow the ridiculous red tape of the numerous handset replacement process to even get considered to be switched into a different device.  In the end, I had them ship a replacement phone to me. I expect to be back at that store w/ the same issues. It is appalling how this guy is an Asst Store Manager because his customer service was repugnant and infuriating.

For anyone who's filed a complaint w/ the BBB , did you file the complaint against VZ or against LG?  For those who got their money back, how long did it take to receive the refund and from whom?

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution - Never ending issues...
lesanders

I am very disappointed with this phone for the very same reasons stated by everyone else.

0 Likes
sreddy17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too, absolutely hate the LG Revolution. Worst phone that I've had on record. My phone has experienced most, if not all, of the symptoms noted above. I am stuck with it until February of 2013 too, since I refuse to pay $650 for an iPhone that goes for $200 with a contract. Worst part is, in February of 2011, I went into the Verizon store looking to come out with an iPhone and the agent pushed me into the Revolution. Ugh. Wonder if they get more commission money for pushing the latest phone to come off the line?

0 Likes
chuckrule

I had the same experience and was upgraded to this phone without knowing more about it.  It is quite complex and now I really don't need all that it is capable of. I got railroaded into this phone. and now am stuck until 2014.

0 Likes
lps918
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spilled water on my beloved Blackberry Tour almost a year ago. I went to Verizon to get another Blackberry and was told it would take three weeks to get one in the store. I guess it had to come by yak from Mongolia. Then before I could even think the word "iPhone," he had the LG Revolution in my hand. I have had nothing but problems since day 1, and this is the third phone they've given me. I drop calls constantly, and I don't know if it's my face hitting the End button or what. I try holding the phone away from me and I still lose calls. It freezes all the time. I was just on a conference call and the screen went black. They kept saying everyone should put their phones on mute, but I couldn't do anything because the $#@@$# screen was frozen. I had no choice other than to take the battery out, which of course meant dropping the conference call. Sometimes, often actually, the phone just will not go to web sites.  Just will not go. My husband got an iPhone recently and it goes anywhere anytime, quickly.

The only thing this phone is good for is watching movies on Netflix. But is that really what a phone is for? I work from home and we don't have a land line, so this phone is my life. It's a nightmare.

sreddy17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep reading that everyone has gotten their Revolutions replaced, gone through the hassle of a factory reset, etc, and all to no avail. I've contemplated getting mine replaced but after reading about everyone else's experiences, I most likely won't. It doesn't seem like it will do me any good if I do, so why bother setting everything up again? Looks like I have to wait til 2013 to make the suffering end. Total and utter nightmare.

HateMyLGRevo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absolutely LOATHE this phone....I have to pull  my battery EVERY DAY to get it to work enough to even function through my day. I have NEVER had the problems with ANY phone I have used like I have this one. If I didn't need my phone so badly, I would absolutely throw it against the wall and then drive over it with my car. It is a complete and utter POS.

Barryhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

ha ha,,i just talked to verizon store mgr yesterday about wifes Revolution.  Same problems as detailed in this forum  now for a year and all they keep saying is bring it in we'll give you new battery or maybe new phone.  But why bother, it appears they all have the same problem.  It's the phone in general, not just certain ones.

0 Likes
trudi2

I went from a very good Motorolla phone to the Revolution....your right about the battery life...I had to buy an extended battery to get it to stay charged for more than a 6-8 hrs.  It keeps the charge but makes the phone heavier.  My daughter has an Iphone and has not had a bit of trouble with it...but the screen is smaller and as I get older, I like the bigger screen.  So the LG is a so so phone with lots of screen freezing, forced closures, hard to disconnect from a call...but will try the hitting the end button 2X trick as mentioned above, and poor voice quality..hard to understand the grandchildren Smiley Sad...more than likely, will not get another LG product...........

0 Likes
99wolfsedition

I've only had LG Phones, I will only buy LG Phones. I have experienced all the problems above but only a very few times. more of a once a month one of the above happens. the issue I have with my Revo is using it as a hotspot for my laptop, it drops the Internet constantly and goes in and out of 4G-3G. but if I turn off the hotspot, all 4g all the time, never even see 3G????

Although at one point I did notice the phone getting slower and slower on me, did some reading and removed my TASK KILLER, Bam, Back in action no lag at all anymore. it seems that the Task killer and juice defenders fight with the android system and they conflict each other. since I removed them and let android take over again all is well. Minus my hotspot issue.

The hot spot issue I would like addressed. I do pay for it and would like to use it as it is SOLD and INTENDED for use. Would like a answer back for that one verizon.

yes battery life sucks on this device that I agree.

a good solution a "friend" told me. ROOT. yeah I said it. Root the phone, remove all the CRAP verizon and LG dumped on there to make millions from blockbuster, bing, etc. and the phone flies, making it a whole new machine. clock the phone and its amazing. pretty much treat it like any other piece of technology and make it to your liking. I don't know why we let Verizon and other providers get away with controlling our limitations on a device we pay WAY to much for and then still Dump money into every month.

Free the Devices, Free the headaches!!!

0 Likes