LG Revolution Open Links in Text Messages
BedfordTigger

I can't open any hyper links that are contained in any text messages I have received.  I used to be able to just highlight a link contained in a text message with my old BB Storm 2 and be asked if I wanted to open the web page.  It won't do anything on the Revolution.  I can't even copy and paste them.  Driving me crazy.  Just using straight SMS texts nothing fancy and same on BB nothing fancy.

Any ideas would be great.

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution Open Links in Text Messages
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

BedfordTigger, I can understand how this would be an issue, especially if you receive alot information through text. Here are are few things we can try to resolve this issue. First we can try clearing the cache, then a soft reset by removing the battery for 1-2 minutes. 

Steps to clear your cache are listed below:

1. From the Home screen, select Apps.

2. Select Browser (under News & search).

3. Select the menu icon (lower-left corner).

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.

6. From the Privacy settings section, select Clear cache.
    Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

7. Select OK.

8. Select Clear history.
    Note A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

9. Select OK.

10. Select Clear all cookie data.
    Note Cookies are used to store information that helps personalize the Web browsing experience. Cookies may contain information including: website preferences, login settings, shopping cart contents and more.

11. Select OK.

0 Likes