LG Revolution ZV8 Upgraded and now it reboots
peircedredneck

I recently updated my Revo and thought I had problems before. Verizon can you eliminate all this crapware on the Revo that starts up and runs all the time and eats up memory? I believe the reboots im getting and the problems I am having is related to all the apps running that I cant turn off I have notice when it reboots I am usually running with like 70mb or ram so!! I went into the app manager screen and turned off all running apps till nothing but settings, and keyboard was running and was still sitting with 70mb of ram! Even turned off all background cached apps till all that was running was home and no memory. fix my phone or give me a new one please!!!

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution ZV8 Upgraded and now it reboots
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi peircedredneck,

I understand your discontent. Reboots and low memory are no fun. While not a popular troubleshooting step, performing a Factory Reset http://goo.gl/l9puX resolves most post software update issues including the ones outlined in your post. Please do a Factory Reset and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
SBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats great, but what if your phone fails the VZ8 upgrade ALL the time?

0 Likes
peircedredneck

Doesn't matter now called support and they gave me a RAZR MAXX so not worried anymore!!!

0 Likes
peircedredneck

Hey Verizon replaced the revolution for me I got a RAZR MAXX now I'm good!!

0 Likes
SBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was that because you had an upgrade coming anyways?

0 Likes
peircedredneck

Just got the revolution in January but when I was on the phone with support they had me to do a factory wipe and after selecting English on the first setup screen it rebooted and they instantly asked me what phone I wanted I dont have another upgrade till Oct 2014!!!

0 Likes
SBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

they had me do a factory reset and attempt the update again...same fail and they sent a new revo out...will recieve today, if the update doesnt work agai, I will request a new model phone and see what they say...

0 Likes
peircedredneck

I have been a customer since they became Verizon always have had a phone with them never had any issues until the revolution! They offered me a nexus for trade but said I would have to buy a battery and a back cover told them no and requested a MAXX and got it so good luck I hope everything works out for you like it did for me!!!

0 Likes
SBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, not so much...they "determined" that the update failure was hardware driven and sent me another preloaded VZ8 Revo...<content deleted per the TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes